Biedouw Vallei Wegbreek Routes

PappaWatTrap

Hi Everyone, 

We are going to Biedouw Vallei Wegbreek this coming month and I'm thinking of taking my bike with.

Any route recommendations?

Hi. We just got back from the Biedouw Valley and Kromriver.

We stayed at Travelers Rest.

Travelers Rest on the Pakhuis pass has 3 mtb routes, ranging from jeep track to rocky/technical.

From the Biedouw Valley one can cycle down to Wupperthal on the gravel road and back. It's quite a ride back up the pass. Beautful place though.

There are also jeep tracks around the area, one can ride to Heuningvlei near Wupperthal.

I havnt been to Biedouw Vallei Wegbreek, There may be jeep tracks/single tracks from there.

There has been lots of rain and flooding so some of the easy jeep tracks have become quite tricky.

Take a good map and explore. 

Enjoy.

Regards David

Lots of 4x4 routes on the farms.

Been a few years, but was not gravel bike friendly then ... or at least plan on hike a bike in a few spots.

Would like to know if the farms have embraced MTB ...

Very few mtb routes in the Wuppertal / Bieudouw area and the area took a hammering this winter so those that are there will be badly eroded. Rather just stick to the gravel roads in and out of the valley, there's lots of climbing to be done there and lovely scenery.

25 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Very few mtb routes in the Wuppertal / Bieudouw area and the area took a hammering this winter so those that are there will be badly eroded. Rather just stick to the gravel roads in and out of the valley, there's lots of climbing to be done there and lovely scenery.

Thank climb out of Wuppertal ..... better pack in your climbing legs ....

But what a lovely area to visit !!!

I rode to Doringbos from Pakhuis Pass (and back) on my gravel bike in Dec 23. From Wuppertal it will be all good gravel, very isolated, Beautiful. 

The road to Doringbos just keeps going. Otherwise head South over Eselbank as others mentioned and have a beer at Oasis before heading back home.