Found, Specialized light in Fish Hoek on Sat

NC_lurker

I picked up a Specialized light in the backstreets of Fish Hoek on Sat midmorning. Looks like it separated from the bike mount.

Let me know if you lost yours.

1 minute ago, peepeekaitjie said:

have you tried turning it off and on again?

No need to do that, I can see it whether it's on or off 😉

1 hour ago, NC_lurker said:

Hey @Matt any way to bump this to get some visibility?

Not everyone here has internet that works, Telkom adsl still a thing. We just got bottle stores the other day too.

*jokes aside, lots of people ride through here, you have done the right thing but the chances of the owner finding you are slim, claim the freebie!

Just now, Shebeen said:

We just got bottle stores the other day too

yeah , about that. What was up with the "dry" fish hoek.

We stayed there every year for many years, could not get a proper answer about why it was a "dry" town

1 hour ago, peepeekaitjie said:

have you tried turning it off and on again?

might need a charge ....

let's just keep bumping it ..... GENTLY, dont break it !!

34 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

We stayed there every year for many years, could not get a proper answer about why it was a "dry" town

Local Councils had STRONG powers back then .... it just takes an active "group" to make sure a few strong members gets re-elected and things happen, or in this case dont happen ....

And really, a few km to get your fix.... so never really an issue.

3 hours ago, Shebeen said:

*jokes aside, lots of people ride through here, you have done the right thing but the chances of the owner finding you are slim, claim the freebie!

I would, but I don't think my bike is specialized enough... plus the light appears to have a proprietary mounting bracket, which unfortunately wasn't still attached when I found the light 😆

4 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

In short - dating back to 1818 the the land was given to Andries Bruins on condition that he did not sell liquor. This by-law was in effect up to 2018, when the 1st bottle store in Fish Hoek was opened.