2009 Raleigh

rock

COOL, ill start!!!

Here s all the f**king stock i could not sell cos the quality and prices were up to sh*t in 2008!

20080725_070010_cycle_graveyard.jpg

If i win ill donate the frame to a kid in need!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Companies spend tons of money on market research - this way Jan and Raleigh will get to know their market better and learn from what people dislike/like about Raleigh!

But perhaps Jan could also run a concurrent competition for the hubber that praises Raleigh the most!

Who knows - after people vented their anger thehub may become a pleasant place!

Ok, Big H, I found a translater.

Don't worry, whatever bad things you say, we won't take it seriously. I think we better don't take any posts seriously in this competition. But even the fact that noone now really wants to bash Raleigh is very funny.

We won't sue anybody here, we can laugh about it. Try your best, Big H, there will be no disadvantage for you, just because we know that you don't hate Raleigh.

Ok' date=' Big H, I found a translater.

Don't worry, whatever bad things you say, we won't take it seriously. I think we better don't take any posts seriously in this competition. But even the fact that noone now really wants to bash Raleigh is very funny.

We won't sue anybody here, we can laugh about it. Try your best, Big H, there will be no disadvantage for you, just because we know that you don't hate Raleigh.
[/quote']

I'm afraid all the Raleigh bashers are out riding their Scotts, Orbeas, Specializeds... and only the Raleigh owners remain as they are stuck with a cracked frame Wink

COOL' date=' ill start!!!

Here s all the f**king stock i could not sell cos the quality and prices were up to sh*t in 2008!

20080725_070010_cycle_graveyard.jpg

If i win ill donate the frame to a kid in need!

[/quote']

LOLClap

20080725_070006_packing-1.jpg

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This is <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Taiwanon>, the kings of carbon mfg. All the big Italian and USon> name carbon frames (and alloy) are manufactured here or at their sites in Chinaon> as Raleigh carbon frames are. The place in Chinaon> that makes Raleigh?s carbon frames makes 4,000 carbon frames a month and 30,000 carbon forks a month for instance.

Kinesis whacks out 5,000 frames a week (!) at one of their factories in Chinaon> for a huge number of manufacturers. Check their site out as the numbers are truly mind blowing. Giant makes 3 or 4 carbon models for Colnago now.

They are really good at it. Now how many of you would like to see pictures of the engine blocks etc of you BMWs and Mercedes being manufactured in Indiaon> and else where?

I guess a lot of the anti Raleigh stuff here is because these guys have spent R27,000 or there about, on a Cervelo or Colnago (frame only) and a complete Raleigh of the quality, same ride costs less than that frame did. Imagine how these people feel when they are beaten across the line by an RC?

Kiwi2008-07-25 07:20:38

ok, you asked for it.

i phoned Probike on monday, as i had a problem on a 2006 RC6000 frame.

ask reception to forward my call to the technical manager

she put me through to someone that didn't had any clue about a RC frame and took my name and number and said that a manager would contact me the same day.

om wednesday still had no reply, so i phoned in again.

ask for a technical manager again, got some clueless guy on the phone, he callled someone else.

i explained to him what my problem was about, again he also didn't had a clue and told me to rather go to a cycling shop.

and now this is not bullsh*t but for real

Tikki, that one was already very good!

But I see that some guys like Big H really like us and don't want to say any bad things. So for those guys we start a second competition now:

We'll give a new MR 5.0 (complete bike) away. But you have to give us a reason, why you need this bike and why you deserve it. The one with the best story will get the bike as soon as it is available.

20080725_072133_MR5.jpg

i really don't think it's a china thing. as well all know most of our bikes come from there, and its not like anyone has a go at CapeStorm for manufacturing there

I like my RC3000Thumbs%20Up and am not pedantic about how it gets stored or transported etc, etc and I don't think I would be any faster on a so-called exotic/expensive bike.

Anyway that is my 100 million zim $ worth.Evil%20Smile

Personally I kinda like Raleigh - between them and Silverback we have two "Buy South African" companies supplying quality products at reasonable prices. Until they came along carbon frames were rather exclusive and available only to the fairly wealthy...

I ride a "shared platform" frame - A Karbona Muscle Lite - made in the same mould as the 2008 Raleigh Team frame and love it to bits - it's light(ish), stiff(ish) and cheap(ish). A nice trade off of the 3 most important frame characteristics I think.

What I'll never understand about loyalty is why people seem to HATE everything that isn't what they own/like. Brand loyalty is a great thing - brand overloyalty is rather damaging.

@Jan - are Raleigh bringing in a 2009 TT carbon frame?

i really don't think it's a china thing. as well all know most of our bikes come from there' date=' and its not like anyone has a go at CapeStorm for manufacturing there[/quote']

I believe CapeStormThumbs%20Up manufacture here in SA. You must be thinking of First AscentThumbs%20Up who manufacture in the East.

Wish CapeStorm would open a shop in PEThumbs%20Up

i really don't think it's a china thing. as well all know most of our bikes come from there' date=' and its not like anyone has a go at CapeStorm for manufacturing there[/quote']

I believe CapeStormThumbs%20Up manufacture here in SA. You must be thinking of First AscentThumbs%20Up who manufacture in the East.

Wish CapeStorm would open a shop in PEThumbs%20Up

CS both manufacture here and in china....all designed and tested here.

I have my brilliant Vantage jacket right here in front of me and the label says just that.

>hijack off>

back to rally bashing boys

Tikki' date=' that one was already very good!

But I see that some guys like Big H really like us and don't want to say any bad things. So for those guys we start a second competition now:

We'll give a new MR 5.0 (complete bike) away. But you have to give us a reason, why you need this bike and why you deserve it. The one with the best story will get the bike as soon as it is available.

?

20080725_072133_MR5.jpg
[/quote']

Jan, i ve had a change of heart!

I really want this bike

Just got a new boat and am in need of a heavier anchor?

Please let me win this bike!!!!!

Guest Big H

Jan,

This is my official entry for the competition above. The last Raleigh I owned was a steel framed Raleigh in 1970. It had a four speed Simplex derraileur with chrome drop handles. I even competed in some cycling races with it and also cycled on the old Pilditch track with it.

Do a search under "Raleigh" and "Big H" under the search facility of this messageboard. You will find FIFTEEN pages full of praise and defence of the Raleigh brand and its products. I defended your brand and your product under great duress and fear of death many times. Brandon himself will attest to that. That MUST be exemplary for anyone not owning a Raleigh. The only person close to me that owns a Raleigh is the hub character called Jo Lo. I told her to buy a Raleigh and she is very happy with her white RC6000.

PS. you do not have to deliver the bike to my address in Angola. I will collect the Raleigh MR 5.0 when I am in RSA during August.

I will not beg for a Raleigh, first they gave them to the pro teams, now they are trying to give them away to the plebs.WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

What sense does that make. you sell a bike to make money, not give it away............ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

OOOOOO I forgot it is a Raleigh afterallEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

and this is all tongue in cheek of courseLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL, don't flame me

sammajoor2008-07-25 09:15:27