Doping in SA cycling

HANSIE SLIM

Why did Robbie hunter win the king of the mountains jersey at the giro del capo???????

?

Same reason Malcolm Lange won the KoM jersey in Morroco if I remember' date=' he went over climbs in the correct break on the correct day.

?

Didnt Nolan win a KoM at some overseas tour aswell?
[/quote']

?

Lange also won Tour de Lesotho a few times.

exactly its not if you can climb in south africa its if you are at the right place at the right time and are able to *** off a little bit more than anybody else!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone will need dope when i start racing again?Wink

loving the positive attitude smiley36.gif

everyone will need dope when i start racing again Wink

Excellent play on the word "positive" LOL

everyone will need dope when i start racing again?Wink

Excellent play on the word "positive" LOL

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

"haha.. you dont need lots of money to dope. Norseudoephedrine is available over the counter at your pharmacist.

heres a tip : If someone is shaking like a leaf before a race - they're up to their eyeballs on the stuff. I've seen it at pretty much every race, even WP champs..."

Obviously you have never seen anyone who takes drugs......

If you did then you would recognise that this is nerves, or cold or a mixture of the two.

Anyone who uses drugs in SA cycling to win a race is

A. Not very talented

B. Not trained enough

C. Dilusional

D.pathetic

fandacious
Ultimate Hubber
Ultimate%20Hubber

Online Status: Online
Quote fandacious Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2008 at 8:48am

Originally posted by colonel

i do not think one of our teams have the budget for doping....the riders already getting peanuts...! [/quote

You will be very suprised.

haha.. you dont need lots of money to dope. Norseudoephedrine is available over the counter at your pharmacist.

heres a tip : If someone is shaking like a leaf before a race - they're up to their eyeballs on the stuff. I've seen it at pretty much every race, even WP champs...

Anyone who uses drugs in SA cycling to win a race is

A. Not very talented

B. Not trained enough

C. Dilusional

D.pathetic

Exactly, and yet there are still local riders using plenty gear...Confused

Guest colonel

fandacious
Ultimate Hubber
Ultimate%20Hubber

i do not think one of our teams have the budget for doping....the riders already getting peanuts...! [/quote

haha.. you dont need lots of money to dope. Norseudoephedrine is available over the counter at your pharmacist.

heres a tip : If someone is shaking like a leaf before a race - they're up to their eyeballs on the stuff. I've seen it at pretty much every race' date=' even WP champs...

[/quote']

SHame guys leave the guy alone if he sees shaking people then he must think what he wants.

What makes me worried is howcome he knows how easy the stuff is and where to go

fandacious
Ultimate Hubber
Ultimate%20Hubber

heres a tip : If someone is shaking like a leaf before a race - they're up to their eyeballs on the stuff. I've seen it at pretty much every race' date=' even WP champs...

[/quote']

SHame guys leave the guy alone if he sees shaking people then he must think what he wants.

What makes me worried is howcome he knows how easy the stuff is and where to go

i'm curious , i can't even pronounce the name, do i write it down on a piece of paper and hand it to the chemist and say " i need this for an aliment"?  

• 4 weeks later...

[/quote']

Correct! and don't forget the goosebumps that are as prominent as a bad road rash. Resulting in all sorts of excuses as to why they have themShocked

There are several people that sell the stuff and if you keep your eyes and ears open, it is VERY obvious.

The main problem in SA is, we don't test as often as other countries so a lot of these guys with the shaking leaf and goose syndrome, all get away with it race after race.

Got goosebumps even on hot summer days before a start of a race...just natural adrenalin pumping, especially on races i looked forward to...and liked Sean said...when you bonked big time the goosebumps was also there

On the testing. I got sent a couple times to testing after a race when i was younger and racing licensed. But....came there and then being told to go home....why??? I know i was clean....but still, if you are sent for doping, why doesn't the people take the tests.

Then, what was interesting to see as well for the races i had to take the test....why some guys always asked their wifes for their wallets and was in a hurry to get it just before going into the place where the tests was taking...i have never seen a shop for things to buy in there or don't you trust your wife with your wallet??

Last time I checked pseudoephedrine was not a banned substance, it's rather common in many cold meds. Ephedrine is banned though and can be very dangerous.

Ever think that someone shaking a leaf before a race could merely be nervous or well hydrated?

Goosebumps on a hot day may well be a sign of doping but is also a sign of dehydration and adrenaline...

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions!!!

How about this for an idea:

Every race entry into important races includes a testing fee - pretty expensive, there was something about cost on Ryder's site once I think.

But after the race and the testing is done you get most of your money back if you are negative. Some would have to be keept to cover testing etc. Anyone who fails pays for all the negative tests and get his ban?

Thumbs%20Up
Kiwi2008-08-25 05:36:45