full suspension

turkey

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I've been riding a hardtail for a couple of years and have decided to make the move to a full suspension. I can buy a Specialized Epic frame from a friend for a good price and build up from there or buy a complete bike. My budget is about R 15,000. What would you recommend. If a complete bike, what bike would you go for. I like the Silverback Mercury 2. Help please.

Do you want to transplant your hardtail components over to the Epic? If not, it would most likely be cheaper to buy a full bike. Proper shock + wheels will set you back R10k easy.

Hi, yes I will transplant most of my components but I will need to probably get new shocks and will replace the other components in due course.

The New Felt Compulsion 3

20080806_041447_compulsion3-mat.jpg

Rear Shock : Fox Float R Air 7.875 x 2.0, Pro Pedal, Rebound Adjust

Fork: Tora 302 U-turn Coil 85-130mm travel With Turnkey Lock out U-turn Travel Adjust

Front Derailleur:  Shimano XT

Rear Derailleur:   Shimano Deore XT

Shifters: Shimano Deore SL

Brakes:  Shimano Hydralic 180mm Front & 160mm Rear

Brake Levers:  Shimano Hydraulic

Rims: WTB SX 24 Disc Doublewall, with Single Eyelets, 26 x 1.5 x 32H

Hubs: (front/rear) Shimano HB-RM65 w/CenterLock, 32H, with Quick Release / Shimano

Tires: Maxxis Ignitor 26 x 2.35

WEIGHT: 32.7 lbs

R13695

Hi' date=' yes I will transplant most of my components but I will need to probably get new shocks and will replace the other components in due course. [/quote']

what sorta components you got at the moment?

15 grand would get you an anthem2 or trance2.
holy roller2008-08-06 04:33:32

HR - true but I didn't sleep with anyone to get mine .........

Mints - Fact mate, just remind me what the current XC world champ rides as well as the should be holder of the marathon champs huh? Oh is that Specialized I hear you say? That is correct Wink