bike park rates?

Helmet

I'm a regular at Logwood. I purchase the unit cards, so it works out to R30 per ride, during peak times. Off-peak it's R10 I think. Only been there once out of peak times. I don't think this is bad at all, considering I get to ride in a safe environment, on very well maintained trails, and awesome single-track.

Also, there's pretty much always someone cool to chat to in the recovery zone Big%20smile

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R30 at giba is fair then. it does have awesome single track. annual fees are R1200 which is R23/week. If I go often enough, I guess this is a deal! There are other areas to ride like the hewllets cane fields (licence required) but then safety is an issue.

Hopefully the Fourways bike park remains in this range and does not head to the Logwood extreme.

remember who they cater for. I'm sure they could have found cheaper ground somehwere.

Maybe I should add' date=' I think Goat Trail is R 10.00 per day.

Braai fires provided as well.  [/quote']

and R80 petrol to get there.

Admit it M, you are a "Glass is half empty" kinda guy?

Where some see R 80.00 in petrol, others see a really good warm up ride. Big%20smile

Groenkloof is fast turning into a bike park . It has become so popular since all the single track that they are limiting the numbers entering the park .

Groenkloof is fast turning into a bike park . It has become so popular since all the single track that they are limiting the numbers entering the park .

that i didn't know, but seeing how full the parking lot gets on a sunday morning, i can sorta understand. never experienced congestion onthe trails though. 

WAs brought to my attention last week when I went there for a ride . They have also now put up a sign at the gate . Like you said I think parking is more a problem because even if the car park is full I have never had congestion anywhere on the trials .

guys i agree R50 for logwood is a bit much especially seeing as you probably only have in the region of 20km of single track (if that) and not all of it rideable to most people so in that aspect it is ridiculous so havent been there since jan and dont expect to go there any time soon

in regards to the fourways park prices are going to be cheaper for a while but eventually it is going to be another logwood effectively

groenkloof is a safe environment with loads of different aspects to it and there are more than one race route surrounding it at a price tag of less than R10 for everyone except students (we pay R3 or something ridiculous like that) and we can ride for at least an hour without having to go back on the same trail

Northern farm is also a great venue to go ride and is also a bargain for the amount of trails that you get (even with my garmin i got lost hehehe) so in my opinion it is much more worthwhile for e to take a training ride out to Pta or Northern farm go ride a few laps and ride home and still have a few bucks to buy a coke and some slap chips on the way home

and with regards to giba i havent been there but from the pictures i have seen R30 is not unreasonable for a park of that nature and quality!!!

Admit it M' date=' you are a "Glass is half empty" kinda guy?

Where some see R 80.00 in petrol, others see a really good warm up ride. Big%20smile

[/quote']

LOL

Only problem is that by the time you arrive it's time to start going back home. But since we're looking on the bright side today, it just means you SAVE TEN BUCKS!!

Wink

For extra miles for training you could take to the road but then nowdays you might be paying with your life down here in kzn

I don't know what the other parks charge' date=' but in my opinion R30 sounds fare.

Remember, the up-keep and general maintenance of these parks are high and look at the facilities offered. How many trails are there etc..
[/quote']

Of course its fare...There will always be a fare, R30 in this case LOLLOL....The question of whether this is fair or not, in my opinion is as dirt breath says...It is fair as long as the place doesnt start deteriorating... 

You can't really compare Logwood with Northern Farm, they cater for different types of riding/riders. I'd gladly pay 50 bux to ride single track with drop-offs n bridges n steep crazy descents n platfotms n obstacles before i'd pay 9 bux to ride neverending boring jeep track n sand roads and zero technical stuff. It costs money to maintain a place like logwood, not nearly as much to maintain the 'trails' at NF. It's all relative.

Giba will charge more too eventually. Is 50 bux a lot of money these days...?