bike park rates?

Helmet

I ride at giba gorge bike park kzn. SmileThey have been officially open for just over a year now. Their rate was originally R10, then once officially opening went to R20, now after a year has gone to R30Confused. How does this compare with other bike parks around the country?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the other parks charge, but in my opinion R30 sounds fare.

Remember, the up-keep and general maintenance of these parks are high and look at the facilities offered. How many trails are there etc..

Is it not possible to purchase an annual permit?

Tokai costs R15 (I think). The yearly permit is around R200 and very well worth it.

Jonkershoek is R20.

Been wondering what they are going to charge at the new one near the N1 seeing as it will be run by the same people.

Big difference between Sandton and Muldersdrift so bound to cost more than Logwood. Wink

R30 at Giba is definitely fair. As long as they maintain the place. If you pay your bucks and the trails start deteriorating then you start to worry.

What's happening with Fourways? When is it opening?

i would pay R30  gladly to ride Giba.

i understand if it is the only place you ride and need to pay it every saturday, but that amounts to R120 for 4 saturdays, but then again, you cant put a price on qaulity

I don't think anyone will pay more than R50 at the new Fourways Bike Park. I wouldn't. I reckon they should start it at R30 per adult and R15 for kids with some contract options and review it after six months. R30 for for Giba Gorge is well worth it!

Ya, i think anything above R30 - R40 per day is silly for this new Bike Park in Fourways.

Went off to Northen Farms the other day and to ride there costs next to nothing. I paid something like R6 for the day... awesome!

i think R30 / R50 is not fare at all. Look at Groenkloof approx. R18 (I think but certainly below R20) Northern farms is about R9. And rietvlei is also below R20. all these places also need to be kept in shape and they do it very well with the lower entrance fee (especially Groenkloof). I think that people know the passion that cyclist have and will just about pay anything to ride in a safe enviroment so they load the prices.

I went to Northern Farms last Sunday, and the 3 hour visit cost me R160

of which R130 was for 2 coffees and 4 bacon egg roll and 2 bike washes

The coffee was terrible

the bacon egg rolls were cold

The bikes had to be washed again when we got home

So i certainly won't be supporting the coffee shop again, for that kind of money i'll stop at the Mugg & Bean on the way home, and my garden boy has agreed to do a decent bike wash at home on our return for the extra R20. However i will certainly always ride at Northern Farm because the entrance fee is reasonable and it's safe.

I use to be a regular Logwood visitor and we even had a few night rides there in the good old days when it was still R10/R15 , but one day they decided to hike the prices all the way up to R50 , has not been back since and got no plans to go back either . Groenkloof and even Northfarm are good value for money .

Delvera is R20. Which is a frikkin bargain. There is a lot of single track which must be a total PITA to maintain.... I would gladly pay R50 to spend the day riding there...

If you buy a 10 or 20 visit ticket here are the rates for Northern Farm and Rietvlei:

- NF 20 visits = R 180.00 (R 9.00 per ride).

- NF 1 day pass R 18.00

- RV 10 visits = R 100.00 (R 10.00 per ride).

- Cheaper annual pass also available.

Hopefully the Fourways bike park remains in this range and does not head to the Logwood extreme.

The catering at Northern Farm is a bought concession, so the quality varies...

There was a time when you could get coffee with condensed milk and a brekkie roll for less than an arm and a leg.

Other than that NFarm is AWESOME value, especially if you buy the season ticket for R280(?) for 20 rides.

Giba is worth every cent! Great trails that are always being worked on, new single track, great coffee shop, loads for the kids to do(BMX, fund rides, guided rides) a gallery for non riders, first aid station,cyclelab shop for sales and servicing...and no I don't work there!! For R30 you can ride at least 40km without repeating the same trail.In fact it sounds so good, I will be there again this weekend!