Mr Wagenaar

Napalm

I have learnt to ask the real question, when meeting a politician, a sports volunteer, or anyone who does something "for the love of it."

Could anyone suggest what the various reasons are why people get involved in our sport, as volunteers?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peanut

Maybe this will get you to understand why the uncertainty with the CGC ranks. Since May the rumours were out and a resignation was received on 16/5/2008 yet todate no general meeting held with the Clubs to give first hand information as to what happened in the office and what ACTION IF ANY will be carried out is due course, now once there is speculation you will always have rumours.

Who better to end all but the CGC executive by informing their members of what is happening within their ranks.This is the only official notice sent out on the CGC website:

" Chairmans Chat

25-Jul-2008

To all CGC members, It is with regret that I report that we have uncovered certain irregularities within the administration of CGC      

One of the most important issues being addressed is the validating of the membership database, we have had to do a full reconciliation of the membership recorded on both the CSA and CGC databases. We have completed the reconciliation and have forwarded the data for population of the CGC database, we are hoping that during the course of next week it will be made available to member scrutiny.

There are however still areas of discrepancy and will therefore require our clubs co-operation to finally correct the data. We ask our clubs to please forward their membership application lists to our office at their earliest convenience, Jackie from our office will contact the clubs that we need this information from, your assistance in this matter will be greatly appreciated. The sooner we have this information, the sooner the matter will be finalised.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the inconveniences caused to all our members and ask that you to forward any queries arising out of these matters to Jackie Marais at the CGC offices.

Warm regards,

Giovanni Mottalini"

I have learnt to ask the real question' date=' when meeting a politician, a sports volunteer, or anyone who does something "for the love of it."

Could anyone suggest what the various reasons are why people get involved in our sport, as volunteers?
[/quote']

I have no idea !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Confused

For me personally,yes. I am now more aware of the HYPOCRITES we have within cycling as a whole, from here on I will just but ride my bike and spectate.

Things said in confidence to certain individuals is public knowledge within the CGC walls, makes you wonder, now I can understand all the deals been made behind closed doors and why certain individuals will always have preference to the powers that be and us sh*t-stirrers have to follow protocol which does not exsist.

I pain for the CGC president and treasurer who is in a sticky situation for been as TRUSTWORTHY as they were within the CGC halls, it has come back to bite them HARD hopefully there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

By the way anyone wanting a laugh read the transformation and development document on the CSA website,then you will understand why some people volunteer their services, is it not amazing how you can blame the individual and clubs for not having a blueprint to work from maybe this reading matter should be sent to Buti and Cedrick for comment

• 6 months later...