Unf*nkreal!

ColiHoff

Wow! <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Two years ago I left cycling for good after spending almost 50% of my life covering the sport as a journalist. Believe me, I had some pretty good and exciting times just watching races. Track, Road, BMX and MTB.

If ever I get the chance to find a genie and be granted three wishes one of them will be to never get into politics as a journalist. Just report on what is happening on the field/course etc. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. The other two wishes will obviously include lots of money and a bevy of beautiful women.

When I decided to get out of this particular sport for good I had my reasons. I didn't like Lawrence Whittaker, I don't like David in his pink outfits, I've got my doubts about Carinus and I've still got my doubts about the system. And I will never ever like Lawrence or David.

That will never change. At that stage I bit a part of the hand that almost fed me.

But, I had enough.

I even stopped reading about cycling. I stopped watching TV-programs involving cycling (including the TdF). To my detriment I might add. With all the scandals during, before and after the race, the TdF will always come out on top. Only the Olympics and the Soccer World Cup can match this sporting spectacle. And believe me I will know. Been there, got the T-shirt and would like to go back. Only as a spectator with the best tickets available.

Yesterday I decided to have a look at THE HUB. Again. Working through the comments I thought, and realized?  

Dear Lord, not again!

Nothing changed.

You are still the same bunch! Pointing fingers. Looking for excuses. Love "skinnering" and "kakking" al over the show accept yourselves.

Accusing people are still priority number one. Targeting the CSA.

People like Shawn Lynch are allowed to make accusations almost to the extreme of feeding the monkey. The same monkey he and Robbie Williams are sharing. How can the comments by Shawn be justified and nothing on our planet can rectify the situation?

The fact that our judicial system don't know how to handle someone like Shawn, gave him carte blanche to say and do what he feels. And get away with it.

Some of the entries in the forums are pretty good. Reading some of the comments left me to believe there are still sane people in the cycling world. Thank God for that.

The "hangers-on" (95% of the bunch) are just making a lot of noise and they are doing nothing to prevent any wrongdoing(s). For 30 years it has been same. And that is only what I?m aware off. What happened before, really does not concern me. I?m actually to sh*t-scared to do my own research.

If they (you) are so concerned about what happened in for instance in CGU, why don't you take action?

Stop bitching and do something about it. Our constitution (SA and I presume CSA) allow you to do just that.

In retrospect, I'm out of here. I've got nothing to add. Believe me, golf, tennis, tenpin-bowling and ?kennetjie? are better. The fight will last until death do they part on the asphalt/course, but once beaten they can enjoy a beer together. In cycling that is very debatable.

Not for the officials though.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and was this intended as a pun?

"The fact that our judicial system don't know how to handle someone like Shawn, gave him carte blanche to say and do what he feels. And get away with it."

Guest colonel
Beeld' date=' Rapport & Die Burger[/quote']

I thought you were outta here???

Make some valid points, but your venting about the forums is nothing special. Thats a characteristic of forum based sites in general, especially where they are industry/genre specific.

Ag, who cares whats said here?.

I certainly dont go home and stew over the posts here, I laugh at some, I think some are stupid and I occassionally get irritated over others.

Thats life in a teacup.! I feel pretty much the same way about people I meet day to day personally.

America has a great saying it gos like this - The great thing about America is everyone has an opinion, the other great thing is, we dont have to listen to it.!

.............but what the hell, I enjoyed your post, it was well written ,perfectly composed, spelling was good,........ what more can I say, its your opinion.!

Colin Hofmann, welcome back. Cant remember his previous Hub name, he ran the CSA website before Latrinus. Good guy with issues.

Colin saw me about 2 years ago about this big anti doping programme, nothing happened.

I'll write to mr Till this week to demand steps taken or clarity on the money rumours.

Oh bloody hell another one who feels that it is necessary to first post his whole autobiography before completeing a post.

Then upon reading his nonsensicle drivel it turns out he is doing exactly what he is accusing everyone else of. Ummmmm lemmie see how did you so eloquently put it "Pointing Fingers" uhhhh yes that's it.

Maybe you should take some of your own advice and take it up directly with the people you have a problem with.

....gave him carte blanche to say and do what he feels. And get away with it.......

And your point is ?

Ok Colin. What do you suggest I do? Tittle tale on everyone and let the whole thing fall flat on its face. Is that going to fix the problem?

Why doesnt someone like you dig a little deaper and start reporting on the real facts instead of tip toeing around the subject. You guys are in contact with the 'manne' at the federation. Why dont you ask about the 'doping program'. Why dont you get the facts and then ask some real questions.

Perhaps you are just like the others, not wanting to stick their necks out far enough to have them chopped off.

Cmon, you obviously know whats going on, so spill the beans, there is nothing to loose....WinkWinkWink

I'm a bit in the dark here...

Now that CSA is mentioned... Confused

As a mountainbiker from Eastern Cape (PE area) I can't remember seeing, or hearing anything that's been done for MTB in the EC the last 3 years I've been riding. But at every Provincial XC and some other races, day license fee's are charged or registration numbers demanded...

Are we paying a ghost organisation..? ..... for what...?

I'd like to hear about a single thing CSA has done for MTB in the EC... Specially the PE area where the country's oldest MTB club is...

What do we pay for?

speak to EPCA.......btw what do you want CSA to do?

PE = no soccer team , no rugby team ,no cricket team worth speaking of. you guys must get off YOUR bums and do something about it.

Aaaaah.... all defensive... :))

I take it you're one of their (CSA's) representitives? I'm welcomed and warmed by you're attitude... makes me love them even more...

We could just as well put money into some European club's account...

The point is... we're paying for... what?  

Aaaaah.... all defensive... :))

I take it you're one of their (CSA's) representitives? I'm welcomed and warmed by you're attitude... makes me love them even more...

We could just as well put money into some European club's account...

The point is... we're paying for... what?  

LOLLOL - Haa, Haa, stop it, your killing me.!!

.............at least we know what our license money paid for in Gauteng,..........a new car and a nice house it seems.

............Beat that.!