David George's "Raleigh" TT Bike at the Olympics

Kiwi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a repair on Davids TT Cervelo earlier this year which meant it needed to be reprayed - SO well.......

But for sure it is a lightweight disc wheel

never mind the 'in disguise' raleigh/gaint/cervelo....

that looks like a Hammer gel packet sticking out from the left shirt sleeve... how long was the TT course again? 

never mind the 'in disguise' raleigh/gaint/cervelo.... that looks like a Hammer gel packet sticking out from the left shirt sleeve... how long was the TT course again??

How about a prize for the person who can identify the most "unofficial" brands sported by DG in Beijing smiley17.gif

It looks like a P3, stripped of paint (also a 3T fork and bars which is the norm on the CSC Saxo bikes) but the BB looked a bit different to me, maybe the angle of the shot?

Which is scary when you think how fast he is. Apparently Cancellara managed 80km/h on one of the flat sections after "3 weeks hard training" at some race or other in France...

How about all the Specialized riders still riding their Walser TT bikes...
Kiwi2008-08-15 02:15:54

Guest colonel

Which is scary when you think how fast he is. Apparently Cancellara managed 80km/h on one of the flat sections after "3 weeks hard training" at some race or other in France...

What makes me wonder is how quick we are to say DG is ***. He did finish the RR and never came last in the TT. If you look at his racing shedule he raced epic, SA's and a sh*t;load of races inbetween finsihing well up in the events. He is on MTN's road and MTB team and has a busy schedule so how can he be in peak form all year long? Something has to give.

Regardless this is the hub and everyones a expert.

What makes me wonder is how quick we are to say DG is ***. He did finish the RR and never came last in the TT. If you look at his racing shedule he raced epic' date=' SA's and a sh*t;load of races inbetween finsihing well up in the events. He is on MTN's road and MTB team and has a busy schedule so how can he be in peak form all year long? Something has to give.

Regardless this is the hub and everyones a expert.
[/quote']

Mr C

Good insight! Clap

Nice to read something postive as well as learn something about DG

When I interviewed David in January, he said his two main goals for 2008 were The Cape Epic and the Olympic Games. I think he may head offroad more in 2009. I think he and Evans will both be top-10 finishers at the 2009 marathon world champs. Evans blew big time at this year's marathon world's - was in the top 10 for most of the race and ended up 14th.

Sean Badenhorst2008-08-15 06:48:53

I hope so, was a little dissapointed that he didn't go to marathon worlds.......I think  he can get some good results in the marathon discipline internationally......

I hope so' date=' was a little dissapointed that he didn't go to marathon worlds.......I think  he can get some good results in the marathon discipline internationally......[/quote']

He's got the physical ability to do alot of damage at the marathon worlds, the issue comes in with his technical ability.

They use proper mtb routes for the marathons not what we call marathon courses at all.