Northcliff hill Training

drivetrain, i'm thinking maybe saturday 5 may? (this saturday is a little soon, next wekend is a long weekend and most people are going away...)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kc, just imagine pointing out to the mtb'ers the reason why you aren't going that fast in the TT.... no need to point out whether you did all those hills on (horror-of-horrors) a road bike... lt them think you did it on your knobblies! smileys/smiley2.gif

KC - I believe that TT is 'only' 8k's max? Unless you decide to do both the 5 and the 8 ('only' 13)!smiley2.gif

Should have enough left in the legs for that?

It's actually 3 and 5kms - I understand the current 5KM record is 15 miuntes some change - and that across some very technical terrain .... ah, what the heck - I'll give it a go :-)

Do all the hills on Saturday, on my road bike - if there are any members of the mtb community who know me and don't know that I ride road as well - too bad for them, nd as one of my colleagues says (very irritatingly) ... "Build a bridge, and get over it !", then do the 3 and 5 km TT at Logwood on Sunday.

I should be sore, but Happy,  come Monday morning !

Hang on, I've just checked, Saturday is the 6th, and that's when the TT is - so we'll have to make the ride on Sunday, otherwise I'll be in a REAL dilema, and would be forced to choose !!!

5 technical k's in 15min's! Flip that is mmmmmm............. 20k average speed. OK so I won't be in 'contention' but hey I will do it just for the heck of it! C u there!

Ooops, I'm having a blonde day... can't even read calendars anymore!

I'm quite happy to make it the Sunday... who else is game for some nice hill work on Sunday 7th? So far we have myself, drivetrain (you-started-this-so-don't-dare-back-out!) and kc smileys/smiley2.gif

and now that we reach the point of finalising a date eetc everyone goes quiet????

c'mon guys, you can't all be too scared surely?

IanJ, Sonic, Droster, Moonlight, EVERYONE ELSE????

smileys/smiley4.gif

Sunday 7th ????? Ok sounds good to me but I have an assignment to submit so it's gonna be tight..let's see how the plans develop over the next two weeks or so..other than that I'm still in Slow poke.

"DTsmileys/smiley4.gif"