94.7 - Suicide City!

The Stig

Hospital bend is worse cause you need to look up and dodge the guys on their hands and knees trying to stand up.

Now that was my laugh for the day thank you!

Anyway The Stig.  Both the Argus and this years 94.7 was wet and the conditions is simply the same.  I do however feel that if you are not going to enter races because of the possibility of rain then maybe you need a bit of change in exercise.  Maybe you should become a spinning instructor (assuming you are not one already). Yesterdays weather was not great but I still had a nice ride.  I felt safer cycling in the rain yesterday than having to share road with cars under the same conditions.

Colonel, seems to me the concensus is that the "guys with the mountain" are a bit slow on reaction time.

Thanks all.  Looks like I might be flogging my Argus entry next year - unless someone comes up with an idea of how to incorporate an airbag into the cycling jerseys.

If U scared then don't do it because that is what cycling is all about--mental stability taking the good with the bad. If U enter an event with say 5000 cyclists..U face the same dangers as a race with 28000 riders mate..Anyone can make a mistake & take U OUT...then what would U say about a small race ?? if it rains ?? same difference.

"DTThumbs%20Up

Hydepark... well what can we say !! I nearly saw my dinges there. With rain pouring down in buckets, the road that looked like a river I went down there, hitting a manhole, and with that, I was shot up from my saddle, and on my descent back to the saddle, I missed the saddle and hit the bar (OUCH, Dead funny taste in the mouth and I just saw stars all around me) with that my bike seriously started to wobble, and through all the pain and stars I realised that I better keep this two wheeled monster up, 'cause if I come down here, I am going to break a few bones in the process. I don't know how I managed to keep the bike up, but I did, and after that near close encounter with the tar, I slowed down drastically until the rain stopped. I still get a sickening feeling on my stomach, thinking of what could have happened on Jan Smuts.... 

Ahem! "Hospital bend is worse" because it's in sleepy hollow. Stay in JHB.Big%20smile

Hey atleast we got the mountain!!

Mountain, what mountain?? Technically speaking it's a kopje.

Guest colonel

5 Argus done.  6 x 94.7

Weather has been good for the past 5 year down in the Cape. 
But the guys do hammer it down.  Even in dry conditions the last 10km going to green point is hair raising!!! 

Improve your skills and hope that the theory of "you fall harder when you go slow" plays out for you....

Second option is don't fall......Big%20smile

No the weather hasnt it was raining last year..or did you leave in TU group?

Guest colonel

Try: We dont need electricity our wives dont need to charge their vibrators..........