Show me your MTB !

rock

TitusTi - we haven't been graced with your titanium monstrosity....whats heppening?

for that matter, no 29ers in 8 pages.......

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for that matter' date=' no 29ers in 8 pages.......
[/quote']

you are talking about bike models and not IQs. Because there were a few of them there. LOL

TitusTi - we haven't been graced with your titanium monstrosity....whats heppening?

[/quote']

My bike lives in my room, I don't carry pictures of it around with me. You probably won't ever see another 29'er in this country, I honestly think I'm the only one riding the bike, not sure why? Is every one that rides a bike in this country also a short ass?

[/quote']

My bike lives in my room, I don't carry pictures of it around with me. You probably won't ever see another 29'er in this country, I honestly think I'm the only one riding the bike, not sure why? Is every one that rides a bike in this country also a short ass?

Why do you ride a 29'er.What are the advantages  or is just a quirky thing like a single speed

does anybody know what a year permit cost to Tokai?

R200 for a year in conjunction with a wild card, cheapest of which is R45....

so R245.

so make sure you go more than 25 times.

I actually considered rdering a kit from ninerbikes.com

think it was the EMD - but I figured I'd have issues with dwarf limbs.

We use a green card(Nat Parks)which does Tokai,Cape Point for the Kreef,

Silver Mine,BainsKloof,Cederberg and just about mows the lawn

Thats the way to go.

Why do you ride a 29'er.What are the advantages  or is just a quirky thing like a single speed

In a nutshell.....

Bigger wheels means it's easier to maintain momentum. On average a rider on a 29er will require 10% less energy to maintian the same amount of momentum as on 26inch wheels.

Slightly smoother ride cos the wheels are bigger in relation to the bumps so roll easier over obstacles.

Bigger diameter means bigger contact patch on the ground so traction and cornering are both improved.

Negatives are slightly slower handling and wheels aren't quite as stiff laterally.

Everyone who rides them says they'll never go back.

TitusTi is extra blessed cos the general consensus is that the Racer X suspension system mated to 29er wheels is the most efficient xc machine on the planet!

R200 for a year in conjunction with a wild card' date=' cheapest of which is R45....

so R245.

so make sure you go more than 25 times.
[/quote']

er thats not wuite right. You probablygt waya with it this year but not for much longer.

The R45 Wild card allows only 12 entries. Tokai is now part of TMNP. Even though it was last year aswell, the wild card was not debited for an entry. Now it is.

so after 12 entries ,i.e. 12 times your card goes through Brian or Jeff's litttle box of tricks and the card becomes useless. You'll have to top it up.

Just get the All clusters with the MTB permit and you're good to go MTB in any reseve where MTB is allowed for a year.

Just get the All clusters with the MTB permit and you're good to go MTB in any reseve where MTB is allowed for a year.

What is that in english and step by step?