Show me your MTB !

rock

You won't want to turn back! I know I sure as sh*t don't.

Looked at the Titus bikes on Competitive Cyclist.

I need a sedative after seeing those prices.

Then again I was considering an Intense or Ellsworth as a new bike.Not much difference.

I like to do a lot of all mountain stuff with technical s/track as well as the XC rides.How does she handle that?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't want to turn back! I know I sure as sh*t don't.

Looked at the Titus bikes on Competitive Cyclist.

I need a sedative after seeing those prices.

Then again I was considering an Intense or Ellsworth as a new bike.Not much difference.

I like to do a lot of all mountain stuff with technical s/track as well as the XC rides.How does she handle that?

I just about only ride nasty stuff, this bike has made it more fun! Have a look at the R.I.P. 9 from NinerBikes also a very good option, it got alot of rave reviews from the guys that tested it at InterBike. www.ninerbikes.com

The best is still the RacerX though! THe new Ali one is based on the custom frame that I had built so it's gonna ride really nicely!

Crux - thanks for the number - the dude has obviously changed his number since it was printed on your stand - cos that number get a little old lady in Cape town who has no clue what a bike stand is!

Crux - thanks for the number - the dude has obviously changed his number since it was printed on your stand - cos that number get a little old lady in Cape town who has no clue what a bike stand is!

I bought one at this years expo. The number is also on the frame. Will post on Monday.

Hi TT' date='

Interesting stuff this.

I'm 6'3.5"

Riding a XL Cannondale HT at the moment
[/quote']

You are a prime candidate for an upgrade to a man sized bike in that case. Look at the Hubbers ride Mints wants to test my bike, I see no reason why you don't give it a go as well, well the only reason would be weight, I only weigh about 74kg.

Hey....Mint happens to love his clown bike! You talk about Rock compensating for something with his heavy bike...what are you compensating for with your "man sized bike"?

All this talk of 'inches' and 'size'Wink

Glad to hear you weigh 74....i'm usually around the same weight so shock pressures should be spot on!

And although mine might have 26in wheels, you'll agree that a 26er can be a man-sized bike once you've ridden it....you'll see!Thumbs%20Up

_popupControl();

Actually I understand it as follows. And I have spoken to the JNB and CPT wildcard managers about it.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Cape Town WILD Card (the R45 one) is only applicable to the following <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Table Mountain National Park points:  Cape Point (cycle)' date=' Tokai (cycle), Boulders Penguin Colony, Oudekraal, Silvermine (cycle), Newlands and Perdekloof. You can load the R200 mtb permit on it.  Now for the good part. Every time you use this card (with the added mtb permit) and you enter with your bike then it DOES NOT use up one of the cards allocated 12 entries. Thus, you can enter unlimited amount of times with this card as long as you have your bike with you. If you enter without your bike then 1 entry will be deducted.

Now for the funny part.  That R200 mtb permit is ONLY applicable to the Cape Town?s Wild card (Table Mountain National Park) and NOT to the other parks.  Thus you can still ride at ANY of the other parks, reserves with only your normal wild card (whether it is a cape, bushveld, dry, river or swazi cluster). You do not have to load that R200 permit in order to ride in the other parks ONLY Table Mountain National Park requires it. Many of the wildcard telephone operators are NOT aware of this at all. I discovered it by chance while debating with the wildcard JNB manager.

Thus, to ride unlimited times in Tokai for 1 year will only cost you R45 + R200. All the others parks only require the normal wildcard NOT the additional R200.

[/quote']

The MTB permit will be applicable to Jonkershoek as well once it is fully under Sanparks. Its currently  still run by SAFCOL.