OK are we out there tomorrow or not?

Warped

Let's just go for it. - 115 km from the News Cafe at Hillfox (Town Square).

See how fast we get the first 50km's done?

Warped? I think that sending out at 10:42 is always going to bring in a poor result!!

Interesting to see that you obviously live near me, I am less than 2km from Hillfox.

wanna get together and ride sometime? I also ride with a friend from 5am to +- 6am, about 20 - 25km every wed and Fri morning

Warped? I think that sending out at 10:42 is always going to bring in a poor result!!

Interesting to see that you obviously live near me' date=' I am less than 2km from Hillfox.

wanna get together and ride sometime? I also ride with a friend from 5am to +- 6am, about 20 - 25km every wed and Fri morning
[/quote']

Hi MichH. Good point - was a mistake staying up so late. Managed to survive the ride (starting at 6am) however!

We ride mainly on Tuesdays and Thursdays (officially also on Wednesdays) from the News Cafe at 5am, do a loop of 45km. On weekends from the same venue at 6 am in summer, 7 am in winter, various routes.

Are you perhaps doing the Ian Kernick 200km this weekend?

Are you perhaps doing the Ian Kernick 200km this weekend?

MichH will be busy with the Omni Motion 24hr MTB ride but we are doing the Ian Kernick, myself, Sonic and no.one.knows.

And I think Drivetrain.

Thanks IanJ - see you there.

Good luck to MichH and all the other night owls - hope the lights are in good order.

It appears there's a bit of a clash for the endurance types this weekend. A pity, because both events could have benfitted if they were on seperate weekends.

I am doing the first 6 hours of the MTB ride and then going home to sleep before Sundays 200km Big%20smile.

Jeepers' date=' IanJ, your name should be "Warped", not mine. Are you feeling OK? Mentally, that is? Wacko[/quote']

Ok maybe I should have qualified that, I am riding the first 6 hours of the MTB as part of a team. I don't know how many laps (12km) they will need me to do but seeing as I am leaving later it would make sense for me to do as much as possible.

I will leave the die hard night stuff to the Hard Core guys.

yeah right, IanJ, leave the 12-kay-laps to the hardcore-guys while you go out to do a whoosie-200kay Big%20smile

Hey warped! Missed all your replies! How fast do you go out on the 45km, and when do you get back?Might wanna join you, but prolly a bit slow.

Yep, we're gonna make IanJ work hard and then slack off after dark when no-one can see you!!

Hi MicH

We normally finish at about 6:30 to 6:40 - makes the average between 26 and 30 km/h.

I understand the record for the loop to be 1:10 which makes for a quite staggering 38.5 km/h average, given that it's not exactly flat!

By the way, I stay in Weltevreden Park, not far from the Allen Glen High School.

Hmmm... not sure where Allen Glen is but I live in Welties near Palm Court Shopping Centre!

Small world...

Now back to the morning rides... seems like you're a little fast for me! I ride about 23 average with no drafting on our morning rides, but my races are usually closer to 28 over the first half.

When I'm big and strong...

warped, what route do you guys do? when i'm back on the bike and back to a decent level i can start hauling michH and our other non-hubber morning ride bussy on a longer route and get them up to speed so we can join you guys maybe!

Hi Slowpoke

We go on Hendrik Potgieter (HP) past Gordon Rd to Ontedekkers, then all the way along past Westgate etc to Key West/K'dorp Golf Course, down the K'dorp Hill (Hillsnacks), right at the bottom (Muldersdrift) and back along HP.