what should replace the springbok?

Tumbleweed

now that "this animal must go", what do you think should replace it?  

1. 1. now that "this animal must go", what do you think should replace it?

• zakumi
    • an ostrich
    • madiba's face
    • a dagga leaf
    • pic of holy's butt

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

De La Rey De La Rey

Sal jy die boere kom ly de la rey de la rey!!!

You mean the boere got laid ?

Obviously not enough otherwise they wouldn't be so frantic about a stoopid little animal on the stoopid green shirts of a collection of fat b@stards with one odd shaped ball.

De La Rey De La Rey

You mean the boere got laid ?

Obviously not enough otherwise they wouldn't be so frantic about a stoopid little animal on the stoopid green shirts of a collection of fat b@stards with one odd shaped ball.

you got a reindeer up your butt?

ANC Youth League leader's face...Julius Malema!

?which looks a bit like my buttLOL

I wouldn't waste toilet paper on his face.

ANC Youth League leader's face...Julius Malema!

?which looks a bit like my buttLOL

I wouldn't waste toilet paper on his face.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I dont realy care about the emblem, what matters is the team winning.

If the emblem offends the bulk of the Country then it must go. Remember the springbok was found on those "net blankes" train coaches, government buildings and many other apartheid institutions. If loosing the emblem will help the MAJORITY of the country get over atrocities of apartheid then I am all for it. Its in the interest of the Country.

De La Rey De La Rey

Loftus has been acredited as the worlds largest gay gathering (where else do you find 15 men huddled together while 50 000 look on and sing Lieflieng)

So i guess they would change the words "kom ly" to "kom vry"

TNT1... You are tendering here. Rugby is one of our national sports. It is a sport that receives a tremendous amount of publicity, and also carries the "hope of a nation". It is a tradisional white player and supported sport. That is where the problem comes. They are a bunch of white okes. Now they want to take everything away from the sport, which makes it such a great sport and force equity in to it, change the emblem, if they have their way, change the name simply to suit them, and their reason will obviously be that it reminds them of the apartheid struggle. Correct me here if I am wrong, were we not banned from playing international rugby because of our sanctions???

If they change the emblem, I will demand that more white players be included in to the soccer team as I am offended that it reminds me of an early aprtheid struggle for power.

People, this is sport. If you perform, and you are selected on that basis, you play and represent. Simple. The South African Rugby Team has grown in the last decade past apartheid into a force to be reckoned with. We are currently the world champs. Fine, we are not performing as we the nation want them too, but they are the champs. And guess what, we are known the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD OVER as the SPRINGBOKS. Not the PROTEA'S.

New Zealand - Kiwi's;

Australia - Aussies;

England - Roses;

Franch - Hane;

Wales - Lions;

All these great nations have a name for there teams.

I am actually really gatvol of this. Everything that my FOREFATHERS fought for, bleed and died for, is going up in smoke, being rename, demolsihed, moved simply because some people decided that it reminds them of an era in which the youth of today never lived.

You can not change the past. By renaiming it you are plastering over it and I fear that will come back to haunt this country. Learn from the past, and build forward. This country is ruled in most by people who are there for themselves.

my... erm... 50c's worth.

Tromps2008-10-10 04:35:23

TNT1... You are tendering here. Rugby is one of our national sports. It is a sport that receives a tremendous amount of publicity' date=' and also carries the "hop of a nation". It is a tradisional white player and supported sport. That is where the problem comes. They are a bunch of white okes. Now they want to take everything away from the sport, which makes it such a great sport and force equity in to it, change the emblem, if they have their way, change the name simply to suit them, and their reason will obviously be that it reminds them of the apartheid struggle. Correct me here if I am wrong, were we not banned from playing international rugby because of our sanctions???

If they change the emblem, I will demand that more white players be included in to the soccer team as I am offended that it reminds me of an early aprtheid struggle for power.

People, this is sport. If you perform, and you are selected on that basis, you play and represent. Simple. The South African Rugby Team has grown in the last decade past apartheid into a force to be reckoned with. We are currently the world champs. Fine, we are not performing as we the nation want them too, but they are the champs. And guess what, we are known the ENTIRE FREAKING WORLD OVER as the SPRINGBOKS. Not the PROTEA'S.

New Zealand - Kiwi's;

Australia - Aussies;

England - Roses;

Franch - Hane;

Wales - Lions;

All these great nations have a name for there teams.

I am actually really gatvol of this. Everything that my FOREFATHERS fought for, bleed and died for, is going up in smoke, being rename, demolsihed, moved simply because some people decided that it reminds them of an era in which the youth of today never lived.

You can not change the past. By renaiming it you are plastering over it and I fear that will come back to haunt this country. Learn from the past, and build forward. This country is ruled in most by people who are there for themselves.

my... erm... 50c's worth.

[/quote']

they WILL change the name. As long as they can take away anything that is/was white they will do it. This is supposed to be the United(New) South Africa, but we still hear of BEE. And if they take away the Springbok, we should just make it our duty to not support it /them anymore.

I have never heard of such shirt in my life !!!! fork can you believe it they want to remove the springbok !!!AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

its like saying hey you cant have a braai anymore and you cant drink red wine !!!!

how much money are they going to waste this time ???? hell no man they can put it to better use AngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

I dont realy care about the emblem' date=' what matters is the team winning.

If the emblem offends the bulk of the Country then it must go. Remember the springbok was found on those "net blankes" train coaches, government buildings and many other apartheid institutions. If loosing the emblem will help the MAJORITY of the country get over atrocities of apartheid then I am all for it. Its in the interest of the Country.
[/quote']

quoting Konafan => beware of the reasonable man!

Well said. I would much rather prefer the emblem staying the same. But it wont change the way they play and I will always support our top rugby team. Even if it is the Zukinis.

I am not a rugby fan by any means, neither am I anything other than

white, and yes, I know - even though I was not born in this country, and

even though I had no choice in my parents bringing me here - that I

benefited from a system that literally broke the backs of people.

What I cannot stand is people bemoaning the fact that all these changes

are taking place without their voice being heard.... To me it seems a

bit insensitive and naive to cry foul now, when the reason the changes

are being made is a reaction to a system that didn't just take away

some group's emblem, it took away their dignity, their humanity. The rub of this is that at least in this case, those who suffered before are granting you a voice now. You have a vote. Maybe your elected official is inept or in-capable, but you do have a voice.

Changing this emblem doesn't paint over or seek to minimize the past, it is a very real and, in my opinion, needed attempt to look past the, well, past...

Ek dink hulle moet dit vervang met 'n drol........ 'n lekker vet drol............. wat daai se Protea dalk beter kan laat groei.

Dit moet verskriklik wees om 'n Butana Khompela te wees. As haat of jaloers is omdat jy nooit soos dieselfde standaarde van die mense wat jy haat kan bereik nie, moet 'n absolute verterende ding wees.

Die perd is 'n tipiese voorbeeld van "al dra 'n aap 'n goue ring....... nog bly hy 'n donnerse lelike ding"!!!!!!!!!!

I dont realy care about the emblem' date=' what matters is the team winning.

[/quote']

quoting Konafan => beware of the reasonable man!

Well said. I would much rather prefer the emblem staying the same. But it wont change the way they play and I will always support our top rugby team. Even if it is the Zukinis.

Ek kan maar net my gat af lag vir julle ou rugby siek mense....

Mark my words....this is what is going to happen.....

They will change the springbok emblem.

They will get 15 non deserving players in the team that will then go on strike because they want to.

Internationally they will point and laugh at us......look......the Zukinis....they have been known as a once proud team.......the Zukinis?  But they don't even know where the try line is....??

And all the deserving players will sit in Europe and Australia playing at the peak of their carreers........

And still everything will be OK in SA.....'cause Jo Soap can still go home at the end of the day's hard work, put his feet up, watch TV and drink a beer........

Life goes on.

Lets hope the demise of the Springboks will bring more sponsorships to cycling!!

VIVA the Zukinis!!!!

ClapClapClapClap