Paleo Diet for Athletes

Guest Michelle

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

titus' date=' you're welcome to come use my pan and make me some pancakes - then ill let you have some nutella Wink[/quote']

Hmm, tempting.

Fair enough' date=' I have a Lea, who is a pancake making machine! Fantastic, and he lives just down the road![/quote']

hooray for Lea, in fact he was involved in these competitions....he had a big jar of nutella.

i think i can have 3 of those ........but then theres noone to make me pancakes no more........Cry

2 eggs

1 cup flour

1 cup milk

pinch of salt

1 tablespoon sunflower oil

Beat until smooth.  Add water to get consistency sufficiently thin that the mix spreads evenly and thinly on a hot pan.  Too thick and you end up with flapjacks, too thin and the pancake will tear when you flip it/turn it over.  You'll need to experiment to get the consistency "just so".

Use the biggest heaviest frying pan that you can lay your hands on.

Heat until sufficiently hot that a dab (whatever!) of butter gets a really good sizzle going when dropped into the pan.  You need enough butter that you can coat the pan.

Butter the pan, add approx a ladle of pancake butter and tilt/rock the pan to coat the pan.  When the first side of the pancake is golden brown (1-3 minutes) turn it over with an egg lifter or get flash and flip it.

If you make a whole batch and stack them on a plate, they will all be warm when you are done 'cause each fresh one is hot enough to keep its brothers and sisters warm.

Fillings:

Apricot jam (optionally with cinammon)

Sugar and lemon juice (optionally with cinnamon)

Syrup (opt lemon, cinammon)

Maple syrup (flavoured cane syrup if you must, or make friends with a Canadian)

Apple sauce

For true decadence serve with proper full cream vanilla ice cream.  Run screaming from anything that looks like ice cream but says "Frozen dessert" on the label.

Stuff that in your eye, caveman!  Paleo schmaleo!

What was the question again?

Waffles are easier...

Method:

Go to Pick n Pay, buy the 6-pack waffles, pop it in the toaster at home and put anything and everything on it!

Went for a two hour ride this morning, stopped for coffee at one of the girls' houses, went home and me and my friend made ourselves a waffle with caramel and whispers. jummmmmmm!!!Big%20smile (needed some ice cream too though)Embarrassed

Waffles are easier...

Method:

Go to Pick n Pay' date=' buy the 6-pack waffles, pop it in the toaster at home and put anything and everything on it!

Went for a two hour ride this morning, stopped for coffee at one of the girls' houses, went home and me and my friend made ourselves a waffle with caramel and whispers. jummmmmmm!!!Big%20smile (needed some ice cream too though)Embarrassed
[/quote']

Now I know who to join on the morning ride. Big%20smile

sounds easy enough

but then im a bit spastic Cry

In that case, unless you think that your kitchen floor is particularly tasty, you may want to turn the pancakes over with an egg lifter rather than being flash and flipping them.

If you feel brave enough to flip them, like with so many good things, it's all in the wrist action.  In this case, holding the wrist firm but not quite locked move the pan away from you at a moderate pace and then pull your hand back and at the same time flick the end of the pan slightly upwards.  If the pancake is cooked it will slide easily across the pan and the pancake will make like a BMX-er doing a jump with a 180 loop.  Difference is that BMXer's don't like to land on their heads, but you want the pancake to land cooked-side up.

It is entirely debatable as to whether BMXer's even have a cooked side.

Waffles are easier...

Nellie, as a cyclist you should know that life is about the pursuit of satisfaction, not the pursuit of easy.

bikemonster

once again I am entertained.

One does what one can.

Now, where's the fake humility bowing smiley when I need it?

Now I know who to join on the morning ride. Big%20smile

Everyone is more than welcome!!Thumbs%20Up We have a whole lot of waffles in the freezer.Big%20smile Oh...and did i mention the coffee had nice foamy stuff on it sprinkled with some other yummy chocolatey powder??Tongue

Bikemonster:ClapClap