Grey imports

puzzler

Chris Willemses' store has been raided and all grey import Mavic Wheelsets from which the serial numbers have been removed were confiscated.

This was done to protect the public from buying Mavic wheelsets which are brought into the country in an illict manner.

Riding with wheels like these will not only void the warranty but may expose the cyclist to a wide range of liability issues.

Mavic takes quality and service very seriously and will do anything in their power to protect the public from pirated products.

Boy am i glad i got mine from a reputable dealer -  they have changed my cycling experience

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you distinguish between a reputable dealer and one that is not??  I would have thought CW is a reputable dealer.

Chris Willemses' store has been raided and all grey import Mavic Wheelsets from which the serial numbers have been removed were confiscated.

This was done to protect the public from buying Mavic wheelsets which are brought into the country in an illict manner.

Riding with wheels like these will not only void the warranty but may expose the cyclist to a wide range of liability issues.

Mavic takes quality and service very seriously and will do anything in their power to protect the public from pirated products.

Boy am i glad i got mine from a reputable dealer -  they have changed my cycling experience

Let me guess.......... you must be working for mavic south africa..... 1st post i see. ha ha

do we have to go through this again.....!

puzzler.... hope you have broad shoulders for this post...

Pathetic that, in this day and age, Mavic wants to protect its distribution line.

In my opinion a pathetic attempt from the local distributes and dealers to monopolize the market.

Boy I am glad I did not get ripped off my a Authorized Mavic Dealer!!!!!

(So glad I do not even ride Mavic and in light of this WILL NEVER DO except if I buy them overseas!)

Guest colonel

Did they drop from the ceiling and stuff and speak like this into their radios?:

"come in alpha bravo?"

"I repeat come in alpha bravo?"

"I repeat again, come in Alpha bravo?"

Then he gets a reply:

" No you idiot this is foxtrot"

I find your statement that Mavic takes their service seriously laughable. I ride Mavics and love them. I waited 4 months for a replacement skewer and I am currently on 2 months for a spoke.

Maybe they should stop trying to shut down grey importers and focus on the service you seem to think they take seriously.

Oh and my the way, my wheels are not grey, not that it would make any difference to me.

I just love the 'grey import' bullsh*t Confused I mean, so the product wasn;t officially imported, and we are expected to believe that as a result it is not safe! That the 'grey import' police are seriously concerned about cyclist safety....... the biggest load of horse sh*t ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angry

We've seen this with car and motorbike manufacturers, trying to tell us that product not intended for a country's market was 'inferior' or not meeting the market standards..... it is a load of bollox

Ultimitely this is all about keeping margins up and preventing free market trade. So what if CWC or anyone else import privately from Europe......

What I'd love to know is, who called the 'grey import' police on CWC

PPWTF2008-10-16 05:51:00