Cyclists Down - Kalk Bay?

Weekend_Warrior

I heard on traffic report that 2 cyclist have been knocked down in Kalk Bay this morning, does anyone know if this is true and if so if anyone was injured?

Oh no, that's where donkey gets his custards. And once the danish is in his hand or blood, he can't really be held accountable anymore. Donkey, bru, you OK? tell me you are fine, sitting in front of your computer, nabbling something gree!

TheLegend2008-10-17 00:47:26

Talk about broken telephone - Kalk Bay' date=' Hout Bay and Tygervalley?  So where was it?

[/quote']

Pinetown?

Im OK the legend... I was out Suikerbossie n back this am..... No danishes.... Im loosing weight for a change....

Im OK the legend... I was out Suikerbossie n back this am..... No danishes.... Im loosing weight for a change....

shaving again, are we?

(happy you are fine buddyHeart)

Need to share my experience on Main road this morning

Driving along in my car minding my own business and I pass the 1st cyclist pedaling like crazy on his MTB. Stopped at the amber robot just leaving Fish Hoek and he pulls up a couple of minutes later.  We make eye contact he smiles I smile and away we go, that section towards Kalk Bay is full of pot holes and can be really dangerous so I ride behind him giving the MTB dude more than enough space, he indicates with his hand thank you which I thought was really a nice thing to do.  We pull up at the next robot and he indicates to me that I should go which I do, I look in my mirror and I see another 2 cyclists closing in on him, I arrive at the stop and go on main road and there are about 10 cars in front of me. The two guys on the road bike wind there way between the cars parked and the onto the opposit side of the road to make there way to the front of the que, (Why only they will know) Never the less I look for the MTB guy and he is patiently waiting behind the car behind me. Time to go and it's hell for leather for to 2 road cyclist who are now 3 cars ahead of me. We get to the Muizenburg robot and again its red NO problem for them its all steam ahead in race mode. I catch up to them open my window and politely say, "come on guys its really not necessary to run the red light, it is things like this that give cyclists a bad name" 1st guys says, do me a favor and F... Off, the other guys says if I know what is good for me I should f off before he kicks my car in. I could not believe what I was hearing and was gob smacked, I tried to look for some identification on the bikes so I could take this matter further but nothing.

I told them who I was and where they could find me, the one guy said great let me just finish my training and he will come to the shop and sort me out personally. Sadly the chicken sh*t never arrived

My question, is this the norm the way cyclists speak to motorists? This is the 1st time I have been in such a situation and as a cyclist and running a very sucessful cycling club, I was horrified and I could have ridden over him I was so angry If this is the way cyclist talk to motorist I sadly don't want to be part of the cycling thingy anymore.

Skye2008-10-17 12:05:42

Need to share my experience on Main road this morning

Driving along in my car minding my own business and I pass the 1st cyclist pedaling like crazy on his MTB. Stopped at the amber robot just leaving Fish Hoek and he pulls up a couple of minutes later.  We make eye contact he smiles I smile and away we go' date=' that section towards Kalk Bay is full of pot holes and can be really dangerous so I ride behind him giving the MTB dude more than enough space, he indicates with his hand thank you which I thought was really a nice thing to do.  We pull up at the next robot and he indicates to me that I should go which I do, I look in my mirror and I see another 2 cyclists closing in on him, I arrive at the stop and go on main road and there are about 10 cars in front of me. The two guys on the road bike wind there way between the cars parked and the onto the opposit side of the road to make there way to the front of the que, (Why only they will know) Never the less I look for the MTB guy and he is patiently waiting behind the car behind me. Time to go and it's hell for leather for to 2 road cyclist who are now 3 cars ahead of me. We get to the Muizenburg robot and again its red NO problem for them its all steam ahead in race mode. I catch up to them open my window and politely say, "come on guys its really not necessary to run the red light, it is things like this that give cyclists a bad name" 1st guys says, do me a favor and F... Off, the other guys says if I know what is good for me I should f off before he kicks my car in. I could not believe what I was hearing and was gob smacked, I tried to look for some identification on the bikes so I could take this matter further but nothing.

I told them who I was and where they could find me, the one guy said great let me just finish my training and he will come to the shop and sort me out personally. Sadly the chicken sh*t never arrived

My question, is this the norm the way cyclists speak to motorists? This is the 1st time I have been in such a situation and as a cyclist and running a very sucessful cycling club, I was horrified and I could have ridden over him I was so angry If this is the way cyclist talk to motorist I sadly don't want to be part of the cycling thingy anymore.

[/quote']

Skye, unfortunately these ill-mannered,"uneducated" tjops are present in all walks of life.

Luckily the few I have encountered have been far and few inbetween. But unfortunately it is thas handfull of arsewipes who think that they are better than everyone else that give the other 99% of cyclists a bad name.

No matter how much we rant and rave about their antics and complain about their total diregard for trafic regulations other road users' safety (and their own), they will never change.

If we feel that bad about their attitude and we really want to clean up the cyclists image in the motorists eyes then maybe we should take a "Deon Vermaas" attitude towards these hooligans and ride them off the road and teach them a real lesson in how to ride.