tubeless

cat-i

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Willies defence, the gatorskins are more expensive (almost double).

Why buy gatorskins though, it's a marketing hype. Same thread, pretty sidewall? You're running slime/sludge anyway for puncture protection.

I think I paid R160 for normal Speedkings (and I never punctured on Sunday).

Buff... "P.A"... spoke to Peter (the distibuter) and he recommended we buy the gatorskin for next years epic. I spoke to "P.A", last night and he told me he also experience (on saturday) that his gatorskins loose air while riding.

So, we are not going to use it on the epic , but rather on the day races and stuff.

Yea, that's why he wasn't there on Sun. He woke up to find his front tire flat. I personally think it's because of the gatorskin that it's leaking. It's probably working it's way through the fibres. You actually need to try it on a normal Speedking. I'll try it when I get my new tubeless rims and let you know if it works any better.

For the tenth timeLOL.... I use the normal non tubeless Speedking tyres as tubeless on my crossmax wheels...No problems..no leaking... nothing! I'm also suspecting the gatorskin to cause the leak.

agree muddy. I had the wheels in the swimming pool, my bra, and the bubbles is from the krokodil vel.

I AGREE, IAGREE, I AGRREEEEEE.....with YOUUUUUUUUUUU smiley10.gif

Finally had time to read through this ... it sounds like the advantages of "tubeless" comes from the stans only? what's the difference then between sludge/slime and stans? or what did i miss? 

Slime/Sludge will stop a puncture . Stans will plug a hole . While on the subject , it seems the Joe's conversion is not on par with Stans . The rubber with valve is way to thin and causes problems . We had a bike with Joe's blow last night and the cause was apparently this rubber . The DIY conversion works very good if you got rims that takes the big valve .

If the slime/sludge does not work, Oliver's Yes Tubes has an advantage over tubless. For only about R10 you can get an emergency kit

20061214_231636_fix.jpg

Oliver's Yes Tubes Hop-Up Kit includes:

Two fully enclosed rubber tire filling devices with integrated valve stems (no need for "special" rimstrips!)

Detailed installtion instructions.

Easy do-it-yourself installation, without having to use an air compressor.

Slime/Sludge will stop a puncture . Stans will plug a hole.  The DIY conversion works very good if you got rims that takes the big valve.

rims that can take big valve Cry