Durban North Coast Training Rides

bruce

Give Terence Mitchell a call. There are a bunch of triathletes that meet at the La Lucia Virgin Active (5km from Umhlanga) most days of the week. The pace will be perfect and most definitely tempo, distances are similar to what you are looking for.

Tri-X Club - Club Chairman ; Terence Mitchell 083 250 7197 - tm25@mweb.co.za

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Promise to keep it to 31 - 32 km/h (250w - 275w) Embarrassed

31-32km/h my gat!  either that powermeter of yours is on the blink or I am really unfit & my polar is shot!

ended up going with etienne from DD & some short guy in phonac kit riding am classics wheels - think it was pantani? 

pantani - did you guys take a different route - last is saw you guys was just after the turn into ontdekkers and then gone?

Yup, that was us... Well me and Ett. Nice to meet you too. Anyway, Ett got a bit miffed about the pace, so we ducked down a side road and came back when you speed merchants had moved on. Needless to say I had to listen to much vulgarity and abuse while he vented before we got back on to Ontdekkers... lol... LOL

Don't know where everyone disappeared to though.  I had a brief chat with Oekie and when I got to Randburg everyone was gone?

sure thing - you went like hell for the first 10km!!!

Ett got a bit miffed about the pace' date=' so we ducked down a side road and came back when you speed merchants had moved on.

[/quote']

no way man - Ettienne started it! 

my HR was sitting @ 98% going up that hill & HE WAS SETTING THE PACE!  i nearly stopped to buy some cigarettes after all the punishment.

anyhow,  decided it is my time to take the pace up front & when i looked back there was nobody there!  ended up doing only 32km/h for the route.

Give Terence Mitchell a call. There are a bunch of triathletes that meet at the La Lucia Virgin Active (5km from Umhlanga) most days of the week. The pace will be perfect and most definitely tempo' date=' distances are similar to what you are looking for.

Tri-X Club - Club Chairman ; Terence Mitchell 083 250 7197 - tm25@mweb.co.za
[/quote']

Do they allow guys with normal handlebars and chamois in their pants? LOL

Only if you agree to buy the coffee afterwards. They are a nice bunch and love to poke fun at the vaalies so pack your sense of humour.

Only if you agree to buy the coffee afterwards. They are a nice bunch and love to poke fun at the vaalies so pack your sense of humour.

I lived in Umhlanga and went to high school in Durban North, so I'm partially native - I'm sure I'll cope.Big%20smile

no way man - Ettienne started it! 

my HR was sitting @ 98% going up that hill & HE WAS SETTING THE PACE!  i nearly stopped to buy some cigarettes after all the punishment.

anyhow,  decided it is my time to take the pace up front & when i looked back there was nobody there!  ended up doing only 32km/h for the route.

Hahahahaha... Ett was just sitting the dude who was winding it on the big ring at the front, so when we got on to Ontdekkers and you took over he reckoned he'd had enough! bwahahaha.

I was hanging on for dear life going up that little climb so I was actually quietly relieved when Ett decided to turn off at the Mickey D's. Gave me a chance to recover. I didn't have my HRM with me today, and I'm actually glad since I would have popped if I saw the readings... lol LOL

Hahahahaha... Ett was just sitting the dude who was winding it on the big ring at the front' date=' so when we got on to Ontdekkers and you took over he reckoned he'd had enough! bwahahaha.

LOL

[/quote']

b@stards!

i ended up pulling that guy half way down ontdekkers before he turned around! 

really not that nice sitting in the wind all alone & taking abuse from the krugerdorp ruffians in their XR6's!

Hahahahaha... Ett was just sitting the dude who was winding it on the big ring at the front' date=' so when we got on to Ontdekkers and you took over he reckoned he'd had enough! bwahahaha.

LOL

[/quote']

b@stards!

i ended up pulling that guy half way down ontdekkers before he turned around! 

really not that nice sitting in the wind all alone & taking abuse from the krugerdorp ruffians in their XR6's!

Why didn't you just catch up to me?  Then we could have ridden together through the Wild West.

Why didn't you just catch up to me?  Then we could have ridden together through the Wild West.

- you were going way too fast! 

lost you even before mnet - not a chance of catching up. 

it would appear that i am more of a pack animal than a loner.

Oh Bruce... that was you... I was riding with Oekie's Missus and there was one "Lone Ranger" who passed us through Randburg.

Listen Seuss, we planning on going long again tomorrow, if you see us join in... But remember, no bollocks busting stuff! Usually back in Bryanston by 7:30am...

Oh Bruce... that was you... I was riding with Oekie's Missus and there was one "Lone Ranger" who passed us through Randburg.

Listen Seuss' date=' we planning on going long again tomorrow, if you see us join in... But remember, no bollocks busting stuff! Usually back in Bryanston by 7:30am...

[/quote']

Yes, just at the turn off Jan Smuts.  I was already getting lonely at that stage!

Cool, next time I'll say hi.  You were hanging out next to one of the petrol pumps before the ride - hope you weren't sniffing the stuff LOL

Bwahahahaha... You need to be high to put up with all the crap that Oekie talks on a ride... As for his freaking bell! I'll allow it for this week, next week I ripping it off and throwing it away! 

Bwahahahaha... You need to be high to put up with all the crap that Oekie talks on a ride... As for his freaking bell! I'll allow it for this week' date=' next week I ripping it off and throwing it away! 

[/quote']

LOL

I thought there was something wrong with my bike 'cos I kept hearing this "ding ding ding".

Always good for a laugh is young Oekie.

Listen Seuss' date=' we planning on going long again tomorrow, if you see us join in... But remember, no bollocks busting stuff! Usually back in Bryanston by 7:30am...

[/quote']

good - i'm in - just remember that there must be none of the sh!t I had today! Ouch

bruce - you are NOT invited. Angry

that little bell is slightly annoying - espesially if he rings the thing going up jan smuts shouting "pick it up,  pick it up!" at the top of his voice.  i think i need to go and get a foghorn!!!

[/quote']

good - i'm in - just remember that there must be none of the sh!t I had today! Ouch

bruce - you are NOT invited. Angry

that little bell is slightly annoying - espesially if he rings the thing going up jan smuts shouting "pick it up,  pick it up!" at the top of his voice.  i think i need to go and get a foghorn!!!

Gee thanks mate, training is getting very lonely these days.  I think I'm going to have to saddle up my cow and go ride with my new team-mates instead. Ouch