Durban North Coast Training Rides

bruce

Eeeeeeuuuuuwwww my bad!!! That was supposed to be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday... Embarrassed Monday I lay in bed and fart all morning, my GF hates it!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys won't let me ride with them on Sunday if I haven't got it sorted out

if i was you i would do some active resting before sunday - it looks as if 101% has a mean streak in him & i am sure that the cowboys will have some proper initiation planned for you! 

I lay in bed and fart all morning' date=' my GF hates it!!!

[/quote']

i have the same - it is the protein shakes!

I lay in bed and fart all morning' date=' my GF hates it!!!

[/quote']

i have the same - it is the protein shakes!

I think this discussion belongs on the "Training in the Wind" thread LOL

2 x 20s are 20 minutes @ 95% threshold.  It is very difficult to do this on a rolling course.  4 trips up Golf Club terrace is VO2Max training - saving that for next month.

Are you serious about the protein? It's bad dude, some nights she changes colour, like a deep purple because I'm gassing it non stop! In my sleep too she says!!! Embarrassed

if threshold power is similar to VO2Max 2x20mins @ 95% must be hell!

are you planning to break away in the first minute of the H2H and then just finish the rest of the course on your own?

if threshold power is similar to VO2Max 2x20mins @ 95% must be hell!

are you planning to break away in the first minute of the H2H and then just finish the rest of the course on your own?

No, VO2 Max is 114% of functional threshold.  So at the moment my threshold is 320 watts, so my 20 minute intervals are around 300watts.  VO2Max intervals would be 5 minute intervals at around 360 watts.

If I could do that in the H2H I would be a very happy man - somehow I think not though.  On that course I reckon it would be extremely difficult to solo the race - I'll leave that up to Marco vb and 101% - then I can just sit in the bunch and watch you lot trying to catch them LOL

so how close are you to the magic 6.7 watts/kg of ferrari?

i see a cowboy team TT coming for the H2H!

so how close are you to the magic 6.7 watts/kg of ferrari?

i see a cowboy team TT coming for the H2H!

Sure, I can do 6.7watts/kg, but not for as long as Lance could!!

It is actually a bit of an arbitrary number, becuase it doesn't specify a duration.  Floyd won (well we'll see about that) with a FTP of 400watts, and a body mass of around 68 kgs. Which gives him 5.88w/kg at functional threshold.

Me, I'm a puny 4.1 at the moment.

i am sure not many guys around with 4.1!

probably many guys in the tour with more than 5.88w/kg but it is hardly ever the strongest rider that wins.

I think Floyd was the strongest - if you look at his performances in the two TT's and during stage 17, there wasn't anybody that could touch him.

yes & no

- he was clever enough not to push himself too hard before the two TT's & also used his team very well.  i think that TT also has an amount of skill involved and again there it is not necessarily the strongest ride that will win.

as for stage 17 i think it was more of a tactical error on the side of the other riders by letting him go & then not starting the chase soon enough.

Hmmn, have to disagree - TT'ing is primarily about watts - and he averaged around 400watts for both of those.  He certainly doesn't have the most aerodynamic of positions.

He certainly doesn't have the most aerodynamic of positions.

this is very true!

i still think that aspects such as cornering & applying the correct power / accelerations (even taking a drink) at the right time in a TT can play a significant role in the outcome and not just your ability to produce raw power.

speaking of TT - there was a guy on the ride today with a CERVELO TT bike - think it was the P3 -  very nice - he even had the skinsuit on!

He certainly doesn't have the most aerodynamic of positions.

this is very true!

i still think that aspects such as cornering & applying the correct power / accelerations (even taking a drink) at the right time in a TT can play a significant role in the outcome and not just your ability to produce raw power.

speaking of TT - there was a guy on the ride today with a CERVELO TT bike - think it was the P3 -  very nice - he even had the skinsuit on!

Maybe it was Dave Zabriskie