Durban North Coast Training Rides

bruce

Gee thanks mate' date=' training is getting very lonely these days.  I think I'm going to have to saddle up my cow and go ride with my new team-mates instead. Ouch
[/quote']

sorry - but you brought this upon yourself Wink

i would hate to be around when the whole group of cowboys go "race pace" training together!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce

There can't be many cyclist out there that would find pleasure in riding with 101% and marcoWink  Rather you than me, so glad i don't live in Jhb

Gee thanks mate' date=' training is getting very lonely these days.  I think I'm going to have to saddle up my cow and go ride with my new team-mates instead. Ouch

[/quote']

sorry - but you brought this upon yourself Wink

i would hate to be around when the whole group of cowboys go "race pace" training together!

Aaw c'mon good doctor.  Just think of it - wind rustling through the hair, carefree banter of some good mates, early morning sunrise - and the smell of burning lactic acid Tongue

Bruce

There can't be many cyclist out there that would find pleasure in riding with 101% and marcoWink  Rather you than me' date=' so glad i don't live in Jhb
[/quote']

I don't think I'm going to find pleasure - just get my @ss kicked every which way.

Well' date=' best I get to bed early, just in case bruce decides to join us and I have to bring my 'A' game! Tongue[/quote']

Tomorrow is a short 1h30 tempo ride for me - done at the computrainer at home.

Aaw c'mon good doctor.  Just think of it - wind rustling through the hair' date=' carefree banter of some good mates, early morning sunrise - and the smell of burning lactic acid

[/quote']

"i love the smell of lactic acid in the morning" - with Flight of the Valkyries playing on the iPod & a red sunrise over sandton- epic stuff!

the pace was far better today - we ave 30km/h & this includes a 10 minute stop.

lost my nerve around a corner & hit the brakes!  as predicted the

bike started going straight & i had to bunnyhop about 3 traffic

islands to eventually come to a standstill in some loose sand!  very nearly came down VERY hard!!!!  TG that

there was no cars coming from the front.

was too lazy to remove my racing1 wheels last night,  so now i sit with a bent rim.  rest of the bike seems ok - will just remove the stem & check out the fork before i do a hincapie.

pantani - many thanks for waiting & turning back to check if i am OK.

Bwahahaha, I still have the image of you jumping island after island and ending up in the bushes burned into my mind! LOL But to your credit, awesome bike skills, impressed that you didn't go down since from where I was watching it seemed inevitable... Clap Yeah, was very nice ride this morning...

must have looked rather funny from the side!  think i was very lucky - will just do a good bike inspection tonight.

more of the same next week?

the pace was far better today - we ave 30km/h & this includes a 10 minute stop.

You see!!  You guys are missing me already.  That will teach you to be nasty to me.

so you are in next week? 

it might be a good idea to warm up until you hit northcliff!  if you really want to go like hell,  why not do your ride on tuesday or thursday - pack moves way faster then than on wednesday.

go the new bike set up yet?

so you are in next week? 

it might be a good idea to warm up until you hit northcliff!  if you really want to go like hell' date='  why not do your ride on tuesday or thursday - pack moves way faster then than on wednesday.

go the new bike set up yet?

[/quote']

Maybe I'll do the Thursday next week, fits well with my training plan.  Tuesday I do 2 x 20s and there aren't any hills long enough to do 20's on.

I warm up from home to the Engen - so when I hit the Engen I'm ready to go!

New bike will hopefully get sorted out today/tomorrow.  The Cowboys won't let me ride with them on Sunday if I haven't got it sorted out Wink

more of the same next week?

Yeah, we will try and go long Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Will also try and get "Stephanie Saunders" to join us, her/his back has been playing up but he/she is keen to ride...

2 x 20s - i assume this is 2 x hill climbs for 20 minutes - go up golf club terrace 4 times & i am sure it will have the same affect!

sounds good pantani.  what is the pace like on monday?  do you guys not take a day off?

i will work on my cornering skills this week-end as to not endanger anyone!