This morning on 702

Thug

Thanks trapped for coming on here to air your side of the story.

We are always quick to criticise without knowing the full facts, myself included and for that I apologise.

Perhaps a copy of your statement as it stands should be forwarded to John Robbie.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trapped, my only question is why, when you saw that she was a rabid bitch, did you not just take her registration number and wait or her to leave and then continue on your way then go report her? instead you aggravated the situation by constantly continuing to ride before she was gone? in such a situation, the then-and-there instant response to avoid confrontation would surely have been preferential?

Yeesh we're still on this topic?

You guys are all cyclists but you keep coming up for this woman. None of us have even heard the cyclists part of the story but they've been called thugs and all kinds of sh*t. What happened to sticking up for your own kind?? How much abuse have you copped on the road by inconsiderate drivers?

I for one will reserve my opinion until I've heard their part of the story.

Very interesting, there are always two sides to a story. I also wonder sometimes when you hear these stories on the radio, they somehow do not sound plausible.

Isn't there some onus on the radio station to try to get both sides comments before going on air with a one sided view.

I also apologise about my comments knowing now the true facts around the story.

trapped. I too will apologize and exempt your situation form what has been discussed here.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Glad you guys are alright.

I will forward a copy of your side to John and crew so they have your side. Hopefully they will put a word out to motorists too.

trapped - sorry i wrote that previous post while you were typing .

Well done dude i appload you. We take way too much abuse from moron drivers.

Trapped, well done for coming here to post your side. It couldn't have been easy, after reading everything that was said about youClap

The part that got me worked up, was the taking of the keys. As someone mentioned earlier, what if she was mugged while stranded. Someone did the same to me in a bad part of Pretoria, and I honestly feared for my life and my belongings (judging by the surrounding area and people). If you guys really feared for your life, why not stop for a minute or two or turn around and cycle another way? Going for someones keys, while on a bike is endangering your own life.

Secondly: You say

When you know a specific detective at a

specific police station you will be afforded prompt service and all the

benefit of doubt in the world.

The incident was in Weltevreden Park, which falls under Honedew Police station. Is the statement above, the reason you went to Fairlands?

Look, I don't know who started it, and probably will never find out. Both parties will be biased in their statements and we have not heard from a neutral third party. I just think their were safer and less "arrogant" ways to go about it.

Trapped' date=' my only question is why, when you saw that she was a rabid bitch, did you not just take her registration number and wait or her to leave and then continue on your way then go report her? instead you aggravated the situation by constantly continuing to ride before she was gone? in such a situation, the then-and-there instant response to avoid confrontation would surely have been preferential?

[/quote']

Not easy to make the same decision on the spot than you would post incident

Yeesh we're still on this topic?

You guys are all cyclists but you keep coming up for this woman. None of us have even heard the cyclists part of the story but they've been called thugs and all kinds of sh*t. What happened to sticking up for your own kind?? How much abuse have you copped on the road by inconsiderate drivers?

I for one will reserve my opinion until I've heard their part of the story.

I agree with you comment, on us making decisions without hearing the other side. Now that we've heard the other side, one of the two parties aren't being truthful. Which one is it?

On the "sticking up for our own kind", read through all the pages. A lot of us have been abused by our own kind.

The part that I don't understand is, we do a hub ride from Mercedes in Centurian, blocked most the road where we were, stopped traffic at robots (thanks marshals), all this on a busy Saturday morning, and there was only one small incident. We were thanking the cars, they were waving back... I think it's all about patience and the attitude you put out.

scotty - i've had an incident where a GSXR rider pissed off a cager on the highway a couple of 100 meters ahead of me... i was the next biker to ride past... audi driver tried to swerve into me... i tried to back off but didn't have space to manouvre... truck next to audi saw he was trying to kill me... truck driver promptly used hand signs out window to show me to get UNDER his truck... his passenger hung out passenger side showing me signals and go tme to safety - i DID NOT break the dude's mirror, kick his car or anything - i backed out of the situation and found that OTHER road users WILL help you to do so.

so i can honestly say i've been there done that. took the less aggressive way out and it paid off - no huge issues re personal injuries or civil suits etc

Trapped, thanks for your version of what happened. You don't say what you guys shouted at the driver, but I'm sure it wasn't all innocent. While the driver was in the wrong and her actions dangerous, I think the situation could easily have been defused if you guys just let her carry on her way.

I don't think we'll know the full truth of what went down, but at least we can assume it's somewhere in the middle of both accounts.

Ya' date=' its not right, ....[/quote']

Why do you want to do that cervelo?, what can be so bad you need to harass a woman like that?

Dos it make you more of a man?

Do you feel tough and invincible?

Do you go home and brag to your mates about how you taught that defenseless woman a lesson.?

The point I am making is, what were they hoping to get out of this?

To me, its brutish and arrogant and it shows a lack of class and upbringing. 

Understand, I am not picking on you, I understand where you are coming from, but tell me honestly, "Would you stoop to such behaviour?"

You know, nooooooo....LOL

Hey, as I said in my original post, its not right. I won't do anything like that. the exact happenings at this incident is unfamilier to all of us. But, cyclists have had enough! And the end result is , a lady in a car probably got screamed at, and her car keys taken away from her. And then she went to the media, porbably claiming she got beaten up etc. Making a mountain out of a freakin little dust. Maybe incidents like this would tell the motorists out there, that wehad anough. And thats not only the cyclists. Thats goes for all road users.

I doubt it very much' date=' so what were they hoping to achieve.?

[/quote']  

Hopefully some poor lady now knows that there are other road users on the road. And that cars doen't realy protect you from people who get really angry.

As for the Metro police' date=' well, its another point, speed limits are there for a reason like anything else, but we in SA dont feel the need to be regulated, we like "flying by the seat of our pants", we like the fact that the law here is a bit "bendable", so we speed, we drive recklessly, we misbehave, we jump lights, we swear, we show the finger...................and when we are regulated, .................well, folks, thats just not on.! 
[/quote']

Its because of them being useless and incompetent that things like this happens. You don't make safer roads by slowing everybody down to 60km/h.

Very interesting' date=' there are always two sides to a story. I also wonder sometimes when you hear these stories on the radio, they somehow do not sound plausible. [/quote']

cause Ian, the more juicy meat and sensation they add to the story, the more listeners call in, the better the figures look at the sponsors and at the Broadcast authorities. Radio stations must have a certain number of listeners to be able to operate. So the more you stir things up.... the better.

One question, WAS/IS THIS LADY A "PDI"?

John Robbie can be very biased at times.
Wannabe2008-10-21 05:02:36