Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of those 5 I know 1 :(

Well done Uni. I know none of them!

perfect opportunity to investigate :D Ok then...lets start with top right from the silver gymnasium - by okkervil river...my song of the year

perfect opportunity to investigate :D Ok then...lets start with top right from the silver gymnasium - by okkervil river...my song of the year

Not too shabby. Like this, will need to listen to more of their stuff.

Had a listen to some kitchen distinction as well - need to do some downloading and listen - get the headphones on at work and crank it up.

Not too shabby. Like this, will need to listen to more of their stuff.

Had a listen to some kitchen distinction as well - need to do some downloading and listen - get the headphones on at work and crank it up.

My favourite band

Stretch - were these later in life discoveries or music you grew up with?

I grew up with Kitchens - all the rest are pretty current bands

Met this guy one night while out for a drink, he introduced me to the concept of alternative country. Like his stuff, got some stories behind his music, and I do like the slide guitar. He's moved to Denmark now and I see he us gigging again, he's sound is a bit more polished than it used to be. One of my fave tunes - two star ride but can't find it online - don't think he ever made a video for it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tto5QpiB6_0

Met this guy one night while out for a drink, he introduced me to the concept of alternative country. Like his stuff, got some stories behind his music, and I do like the slide guitar. He's moved to Denmark now and I see he us gigging again, he's sound is a bit more polished than it used to be. One of my fave tunes - two star ride but can't find it online - don't think he ever made a video for it.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=tto5QpiB6_0

cool - love the lap steel

one of my fave's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8OL261RT-E

Edited by Stretch

Thus my ramble, if you want to hear the Latin American sound done properly, the Buena Vista Social Club is your first class ticket.

downloaded the movie and watched it yesterday - Um - does the DVD have subtitles - the version I got didn't so a lot of the commentary and interviews were lost on me.The music is beautiful though - not my usual genre - but lying under a tree with a cold drink watching the clouds go by - yeah - !! and their passion to their art is obvious.