Creatine

busch1

turtlek, youre just bragging you bastrd!!!  Us poor fat blokes look at your weight and can only dream.  Yes, too little is not good, but just bulking aint gonna solve the problem.

The dietician is the best advice on here (plus a cycling coach if you can afford one)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try a good diet of protein, Carbs and natural Fats. lifting some weights will help bulk you up a bit and increase your power out put (if you work your legs as well) Oh and by the way the chicks will dig you more than your skinny mates. smiley2.gif

Try a good diet of protein, Carbs and natural Fats. lifting some weights will help bulk you up a bit and increase your power out put (if you work your legs as well) Oh and by the way the chicks will dig you more than your skinny mates. smiley2.gif

Some reasons NOT to use Craetine...

?Effects and side effects are greatly unknown...

?Nausea,  gastro-intestinal upset, headaches, cramp, muscle strains have been reported by some users

?Long term use may lead to renal (kidney) problems

?Should NOT be used by juniors or developing athletes. It may cause muscle damage

Weight gains are largely attributed by water retention and not muscle hypertrophy

No scientific evidence that it actually works for endurance sports

Being "light" as a cyclist is a blessing! Use it to your advantage.

turtlek' date=' youre just bragging you bastrd!!!? Us poor fat blokes look at your weight and can only dream.? Yes, too little is not good, but just bulking aint gonna solve the problem.

?

The dietician is the best advice on here (plus a cycling coach if you can afford one)
[/quote']

sorry mr wild dog sir i will not bragg anymore smiley9.gif smiley9.gif

cycling coach is the best option and even better if you can link your cycling coach to a dietician so they can work hand in hand

good luck with your training dude remember consistency is key and supplements only supplement your training they dont work miracles smiley1.gif

I would like to add to the side effects of creatine...

Your heart is also a muscle.  Increase of heart size highly probable.  Or contact AVBOB today for a funeral policy....should come in handy.

Don't do chemicals. Stay organic...

Regards.
Morwa  (aka Dr. G)

Creatine's dangerous stuff. Mate of mine in Durbs was using it and had heart problems, muscle cramps. Stopped now he's OK.

I'd go with what everyone else is saying here: stay away from supplements and eat healthily and regularly.

Personally I eat whatever my body tells me it wants and whenever it

wants it. Sometimes its egg or steak when I need protein, sometimes its

cereal, sometimes its potatoes and salad.

Sometimes its sweets and chocs, but I try not listen then...

Ok' date=' let me qualify, I have used creatine and other more potent performance things, and when I say don't touch it, at least wait till your body is fully developed before you meddle with it. [/quote']

I must agree with this. let your body develop on its own. crash weight gain, creatine etc are all items you may regret later on. artificially Gaining weight is not a good idea anyhow, as you never loose those fat cells.

Creatine isn't the best idea for cycling. Its really recommended for high burst sports, not long endurance ones. Your body produces creatine naturally. taking it artificially stops this natural production. it also makes your bosy retain water and you gain weight, not great for climbers of if you are obsessed with your power to weight ratio.

Tried it for 4 months, 2.5ml a day, gained 3kgs, still working my ass off to lose that weight now, and negligible gains in strength.

Don"t believe the hype, its a short term solution that could have paying for it later.

There has just not been enough consistent research (Don't believe everything the supplement companies tell you)

The advice here has all been spot on, you seem to train quite a bit and should have a good diet to compliment your routine.

Its worth going to see a sport nutritionist or dietician so that they can customize a program for you.

Training, diet and recovery go hand in hand, one without the other often leads to bonking.

SOme good old advice:

train hard.

drink lots of water, honey and fruit juice

eat biltong

drink chocolate milkshakes for recovery.

Eat rare steaks with chilli sauce.

Eat breakfast

eat pasta, with tomatoes, basil, mozzorella cheese and a touch of olive oil.  (Garlic for flavour)

All of the above actually work, except maybe the last one, but it is still a great, easy slap together lunch. 

It's all about calories in versus calories out. In order to put on weight you need to have an excess of calories. To do this you need to know what your BMR (base metobolic rate) is. You can get an online calculator to get a rough idea.

So lets say it's 2500 calories. This is the calories your body requires in order to function ie. breathing, eating, walking sleeping etc. If you train 6 days a week and use 2000 calories during a 3 hour ride you need to add this to your BMR. So your sitting at 4500 calories. Now in order to gain wait you should consume 500 per day more than you consume, so you looking at about 5000 calories per day. To get you calories up you need to eat, eat and eat some more. Foods that can add alot of healthy calories are breads, pastas, rice but go for the wholewheat or brown types, potatoes, meat but stick with lean meats, and natural healthy fats like avos, peanutbutter, nuts and seeds. If you can't eat that much try one of the mass builder shakes on the market. The same goes for fat loss - reduce your daily caloric consumption by 500 and you should lose weight.

Remember: muscle or fat loss does not come in a bottle. Get on your bike or get your ass into the gym and work them.
Wazza2008-11-03 06:22:27

My dad's a food scientist and he says... creatine buggers you kidneys.

Side effects are not uncertain, just google it.