SAFE place in Pretoria

Cois

Question:

Is there a saFe place to cycle in Pretoria?I live in Meyerspark.? My cycle route goes to Lynwood Road and then hitting the subs

But every time I try a safe route there is a monkey who will try to kill me.? I dont know why every car tries to kill a cyclist.

Is there a save place to cycle solo.? Road or MTB?

Many Thanks

Cois

vanwa_mordo38822.5969560185

I think u mean to say.....SAFE place.....that being the case....I would advise that u consider joining a club.....Select Cycling Club which is based at Bruce Reyneke Cycles in Lynwood is probably your best bet. The weekend rides currently start at 06h30 at the shop.....good luck!smileys/smiley2.gif

Thanks, but I usually work till 8 am on a saterday so i am going to miss this one then. But I will make a plan.

Thanks

Safe ish route:  Roodeplaat dam. (65km)

Safe ish (but a bit "illegal") Harties on the bottom tollgate-Sartjes (45km)

Safe early in the day(On weekends/sunday only):  Pretoria North-Roslyn-Mudunsa-Britz-Harties-Hornsnek-graveyard-moot. (80km+)

Sounds like fun. Will give it a try once in a while. Any one know the Lynwood Bapsfontein rigel ave route?

Oops, that is in the East, possibly safe....

Try in the city, Nelson Mandela-Klapperkop- Sydney, back to Brooklyn, around the circle at fountains and up Nelosn again.  THe Klapperkop bit can be dangerous (muggings) but is popular on weekends.  I suggest using Sydney on the up though (Pretoria Country Club) as this has speed bumps in it which slow the few cars down further.smileys/smiley4.gif