Elite Riders on the Hub

gasant112

The hills are fun' date=' I like them. Nothing like suffering while going up them. I cant wait...[/quote']

It depends in what bunch you ride........

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that is true, but you will always go as fast as you possibly can. There is no better feeling than dropping someone on a hill

There is no better feeling than dropping someone on a hill
...apart from powering away from the skinny buggers in a rainy and windy flat course with lots of guttering WinkLOL

Yaa I ride Elite aswell... Actually I am from Europe....rode for a Pro team 2 years back. Team ACQUA & SAPONE..Been training with the Robobank, Geroldsteiner team while they where down here... MY 1ST YEAR IN SA....

Yes that is true' date=' but you will always go as fast as you possibly can. There is no better feeling than dropping someone on a hill[/quote']

There is no kakker feeling than getting dropped at every hill catch up before the next one and getting dropped again on the hill.......chasing the bunch catch up and getting dropped again........LOL

I assume an Elite is a proffesional rider ?

If that's true' date=' how many do we have in the country? 10?
[/quote']

Well, in Europe you will be seen as a professional only if you are on a Pro Continental or Pro Tour team, which gives South Africa 6 professional riders in total.

As for local pro's on the hub, well there's Gary Rabie of Hi-Q, Hanco Kachelhoffer of Harmony (when he has access to the net) and Michael Robinson of Exel. Some team managers of the teams as are also on, namely Zoon Cronje (Colorpress Cyclyingnews), Barry Austin (Exel) and Carinus Lemmer (GT Eduloan Maties). All I could remember right now.

And thanks for clearing that up. I would have thought it would be people who make a living out of doing the sport?

And thanks for clearing that up. I would have thought it would be people who make a living out of doing the sport?

In Europe a lot of guys on continental teams earn as much as SA's local Pro's, but they are still seen as amateurs until they make the step up to Pro Continental or Pro Tour level. Like the Velits twins on Konica Minolta - I'm sure they could get by on their earnings at Konica Minolta, but they only saw themselves as turning professional this year when they moved on to Wiesenhof.

If you refer to professionals as those who make a living off the sport, then sure, there are plenty in SA - Guys like Malcolm, pretty much the whole Microsoft team actually and also plenty others.

Sorry for the short novel.

Most of our local "pros" earn peanuts. I know what some of the guys got at minolta last year....scary. They would have earned more as part time spur waiters.

I smile too...when i can go DOWN!!!Wink
Nellie that's something you should not be saying at your age...LOLLOL