My first MTB!

Jaco Steyn

I am as excited as a 14 year old boy on his first date about my first "real" MTB! I will be picking it up hopefully before the weekend. It is a Cannondale CO2 series  F7. Here is a pic from the website, but mine will look exactly like this, but will post an actual pic when I get it:

20081112_085526_9FS7.jpg
steynja2008-11-12 10:56:04

Is there any Hubber out there with something similar? If so, what is the opinion on it? I see that the groupset is a Sram X4. I do not have any experience with Sram, so I do not know what to expect. Should I be concerned?

sram is the new craze (although it is american). next year when Lance armstrong returns to cycling he will be riding SRAM not his tried-and-trusted sh!tmano...

I'm getting Sram components tomorrow. X-0 and X-9:__)

Nice bike mate,

I remember getting my first bike, and it was nothing like yours, but It did take a beating, and it did get me into MTB'ing.

I must say since then I have not looked back... its a joll.

If you make it down to Durbs, drop me a line, and I'll show you my play ground.

Cheers,

J

Is there any Hubber out there with something similar? If so' date=' what is the opinion on it? I see that the groupset is a Sram X4. I do not have any experience with Sram, so I do not know what to expect. Should I be concerned?[/quote']

no need to be concerned. stuff seems to work just fine. as this is your first mtb, i don't know if ridden shimano. only diffs is that you use your thumbs for up- and down-shifting as opposed to using a thumb and forefinger shifting on the shimano stuff.