Show Of Strength for Fellow Cyclist

SlOW

In light of yet another senseless murder on our roads, why dont we hubbers and fellow cyclists make a point of attending the 1st day of trial of the culprit who has murdered Chris ( assuming he is caught, God willing he will be ) It is an oppertunity to draw attention to the case, the 'hit and run culture' that seems to be ever increasing, and lend support to a fellow cyclists family!

Lets make a stance, however small and stand together here.

After that could of been anyone of us...

SlOW, that's a fabulous idea. unfortunately i live in Jhb but hopefully all the cape guys and gals can be there.

Will try my best to attend...... maybe we should make some 'banners' and be seen by all....... Keep us posted.

excellent idea!!

I'd prefer to lynch the excrement from the Settlers way over pass but a protest is probably a more acceptable place to start.

Chris life should be celebrated but his death must serve as an ignition point for voices around the country to shout to government, our cycling bodies and the judicial system that we will be heard, that we will no longer tolerate being killed as animals on the roads that our taxes pay for. We will no longer tolerate thier incompetance and failure to deliver safe roads for commuting and recreational cycling. 

The time for bitching and moaning is over. Action is required.

Why is PPA not taking a position on this and why are the millions in the bank not being used to create a safe environment for cyclists. WTF are we paying for!

Every year hundreds of poor folk in the townships are killed while cycling to their place of work but nothing is done because they haveno voice. Well we have a voice and we can either sit  on the side lines and do nothing but complain or we can take action.

Will try my best to attend...... maybe we should make some 'banners' and be seen by all....... Keep us posted.

Thumbs%20Up i'm in!!Smile

An excellent idea, one that needs to be communicated to every Cycling club and/or group in the Western Cape.

Im in , with bells an whistles ,we should go there on mass on our bikes. he goes to court tomorrow. He slept off the alcohol/drugs and then handed himself in. Wow what a big man with a big ........................And will probably get a suspended sentence like the other guy.AngryAngry