Bikehut.co.za?!

Fulmenicilus

Hey mlayne, it's not the web-site I'm having an issue with, it's the service. (I should have perhaps started a new thread to avoid confusion, but too late now.)

The web-site 'processed' my order no problem, the problem lies as to where my order is now. I managed to contact someone one the day I ordered and they confirmed they had stock of the item I wanted so that should have not caused the delay.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mlayne' date=' it's not the web-site I'm having an issue with, it's the service. (I should have perhaps started a new thread to avoid confusion, but too late now.)

The web-site 'processed' my order no problem, the problem lies as to where my order is now. I managed to contact someone one the day I ordered and they confirmed they had stock of the item I wanted so that should have not caused the delay.[/quote']

did you pay the extra R30-something for shipping to JHB? They only let me know that they needed that a week after I paid for my order. Of course it was when I phoned them, not the other way around.

Ja, that was not obvius on the site but I did add the extra R51.30 for postage to JHB.

All I want is for them to say that it's been posted and give me the tracking number. I would think that, that is standard practice for an on-line store?

Ja' date=' that was not obvius on the site but I did add the extra R51.30 for postage to JHB.

All I want is for them to say that it's been posted and give me the tracking number. I would think that, that is standard practice for an on-line store?[/quote']

Try mailing robin@bikehut.co.za

I see the registrant of the website is Steven Hood and the contact number is

046 622 3807. Physical address: 10 Seemeeu Street, Sunnydale

I live about a 2 minute drive from his shop. Shout if you need any assistance 

why would anyone buy from them ,im sure you can find better places to buy bike parts,have u seen the shop itself??????pretty sh*t.

wouldnt take my bike there

Well unfortunately I'm up in GP so I've never seen the shop so I have no idea. I also feel that an on-line shop doesn't need to look too pretty, they just need to process orders efficiently.

Thanks for the offer Skye, really appreciate it. Let's hope I don't have to take you up on it.

I was  there when on holiday recently, (Noordhoek) hardly had stock from what I could see although the bloke who was there was very helpfull

Unfortunately had a bad experience there aswell, ordered an item through them in September last year. The only thing that arrived when I followed up was excuses and to date my order has still not arrived.

I have looked at the site and found some good deals but now i am not keen to try them, is there anywhere else locally that has similar prices regarding components?

I have looked at the site and found some good deals but now i am not keen to try them' date=' is there anywhere else locally that has similar prices regarding components?[/quote']

Yeah I think it's better to avoid Bikehut. From my own experience and the recent drama, rather take your business elsewhere.

Maybe try http://www.sportsdirect.co.za

or planet-x? Or Tribal bikes? Not sure of the URLs though.