NCR: Drivers licence frustration

THE BODY CENTRE

Guest colonel
When in need of urgent medical attention' date=' one goes to after hours emergency.

When you need an urgent passport, you maybe pay a bit more, but it is possible

etc etc etc. There is always some option for unusual circumstances.

How come there is NO way in the country you can get an appointment to get a driver's licence earlier than 'what the computer says'!! Which is sometime in April in the Cape, April in George, February in Knysna, April in Riversdale, impossible to book in Caledon UNTIL mid Jan, and the list continues.

Is this a Western Cape thing, or is it the same up in Gauteng?

If there is anyone out there with a possible solution, I am all ears!

Angry!
[/quote']

Try Robertson our team van driver got his there in 3 weeks written and driven

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Robertson our team van driver got his there in 3 weeks written and driven

How long ago was that bud?

We're in AFRICA, Hurry UP and wait....

Waited 4 months to get an appointment for my motorcycle licence. Had to go and pay within 3 days after been notified. Went to eMidrand eLicensing departm-e-nt. Waited for 2 hours to have my appointment confirmed on the system, manned by one person that do not realize he has 9 more fingers he could've used to type in the information. Waited another 40 minutes for the eye test and then joined another line and waited 30 minutes to pay for my appointm-e-nt.

Don't you love it when you see how our hard earned tax money get managed and spent on stunning 'decor and a highly skilled workforce...LOVELY Confused

O yes, there was this very doff security dude with an old broomstick that informed all of us in Xosa or some laguage that if we're not in the line for "any reason', we should not be in the line and should go home?????????????? WTF was he on Ouch

Still, I'd rather hurry up and wait then being in a foreign country wishing I was here...

On the same topic I met a South African that side that recently transferred there and he said he got his license transferred/did the test everything in an hour... no eehh eish!! WTF uuhha ehh not wekking crap!!?? none of that ****!!!

True...walked into a testing station in Mississippi to find out when I could do the test...they said how about right now?  Did the test (written and practical)' date=' had my photo taken and the license issued, all in under an hour.
[/quote']

And they'll give you an ID card if you want to carry two cards around.  The guy in Dallas couldn't understand why you would need to have a separate ID card/book when you already had a drivers license.

The problem with the system is the usual problem with systems.  Users are incompetent and were poorly trained.  I got my automated renewal of drivers license letter from eNatis and went in with what was required, only to find that our local traffic department wanted a few other things and an extra photo.  When I told them that the requirements per the eNatis form were different they just shrugged and told me they didn't send me the form so it didn't apply.  He also wouldn't let me use the pre-completed form that I had printed from the KZN Traffic department website ("because I need a green form").  The guy there must be used to being called names because I called him a f*&%ing incompentent moron and he didn't even flinch.  Perhaps he didn't understand....

Why can't the traffic department get more staff and work 24hrs. They can make enough money to pay for Stadiums for World Cup 2010.  They need to pull their socks and work faster.

well, this all reminded me that my (current) bike learners expires end december... eish now i gotta fight this out.... wish me luck!

AF...try going there...

Controlc's experience

Go to the traffic dept on Wed morning...they say they open 9am.

Okay...09:05 the doors open

everyone is stroling around greeting each other, getting coffee etc.

wait and wait and wait..

no one at reception.

"gesiggie" finally arrives and gets her desk sorted, well kind of

Looks up (and by this time it is after 09:35) and says..."hi, e-can i help you?"

Controlc: Yes, when do start working?

Gesiggie: 9o'clock, seh...

Controlc: No, i know you OPEN at 9, when do you start WORKING?

Gesiggie: Ehhhh??? *blank look on face*

eish...and my 5 trips to the traffic dept wasn't much different...

well' date=' this all reminded me that my (current) bike learners expires end december... eish now i gotta fight this out.... wish me luck![/quote']

GOOD LUCK!!

And we still pay R30 annual for every lic renewal for a systems upgrade that they wanted but sucks. Wonder how our clients would like us to make them pay for our comapny doing an upgarde.

Bateleur1, the prob is if you get caught riding without licence they impound your bike... and then you can kiss it goodbye because by the time you get it back it's been dropped, stripped and is f'd up beyond repair.