Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

Sedaven anyone?

Nopes next bike race might well only be the 94.7

Running needs a bit of work in the mean time, cycling relegated to a once a week activity

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slave

• Cyclewizz

• Trubie

• Andyr249

Top Posters In This Topic

man it was windy and gutter all the friggin way out. eish but still loved it in the end. Passed some okes running whilewe were racing - kudos

Trubie, great seeing u yesterday at the Zoo Lake crit, it was pure hurt for me LOL, but much needed training, will start riding with you guys shortly

Trubie, great seeing u yesterday at the Zoo Lake crit, it was pure hurt for me LOL, but much needed training, will start riding with you guys shortly

Ja, good catching up!!

Strong ride after the C2C.... wow, impressive stuff

Sure, I am doing a lot of solo riding though.... programme doesnt work with the group rides, so I only join occasionally.

but will see u on the road yes

Ja, good catching up!!

Strong ride after the C2C.... wow, impressive stuff

Sure, I am doing a lot of solo riding though.... programme doesnt work with the group rides, so I only join occasionally.

but will see u on the road yes

It was tough, I put in 26km of running in the morning, and by the time we rode the crit my legs were borderline ha ha, i hung on for as long as possible, but 50min was plenty for me, but it was a real good training day, let me know which days u riding will join some time. keep well m

Hey guys, been burning my candle on both ends trying to get my life sorted out. Seems to be a longer harder road than initially anticipated.

Just so you all know: It's official. The big "D" is now an order of court. I am officially "single".

Still commuting daily and doing around 250 to 270 km a week.

Spend most weekends trying to recover for the next week.

Well knock me down with a feather, Ola Slavester! Dude I need my pink blouse back ;)

:blush: Why?? I'm still using it and feeling a bit err, "attached" to it. Love the colour, it goes well with my face.

How was it?

Really enjoy it! I love the dirt sections. Brought back memories of Paris-Roubaix in April. Nice to use some of my pavé experience.

How were your races? What happened?

I almost Died :)))

Got the dreaded puncture trying to bunnyhop onto tar road, how stupid? Then punctured my quads trying to catch the group, how odd. then broke pretty much everything else in my body just to make it over SBR and to the finish. BUT and a very big BUT I must say it was a great race. just a bit of a wake up call :clap:

I almost Died :)))

Got the dreaded puncture trying to bunnyhop onto tar road, how stupid? Then punctured my quads trying to catch the group, how odd. then broke pretty much everything else in my body just to make it over SBR and to the finish. BUT and a very big BUT I must say it was a great race. just a bit of a wake up call :clap:

Aaaah. It is certainly a great race!

Just after the lovely dirt section I got into a break which only got caught by another group who escaped off the front of the main bunch. That was just after the left turn after Lapeng or whatever it is called. Then at 40 something I got dropped and rode alone and then with an Esmero rider who I dropped in the reserve. Got caught by a small group of A's near the top of the big climb in SBR. Rode with them until the finish. Tried an attack on the dirt section but couldn't stay away. Royally PO'd a vet from Club 100 by forcing him to lead the group out and then got second in the bunch sprint. Was happy with the way it went.

A nice route. We should do it in reverse sometime, obviously doing the first half of the SBR lap.

Had a 'blowout' on the first descent in SBR, luckily had a 'biggish' patch so put that in the tyre and a new tube and managed to finish OK. That tyre is buggered now though :(

• 1 month later...

So what is happening here............

Apparently not much

last post 27/09?

all stopped riding, or just training really really hard???