Cycle Lab Bike Park - Thanks Andrew Mac

Thug

Thank you Andrew & Ali for your hospitality and a great afternoon.

A couple of sore and battered bodies were the result but some great singletrack, a couple of nasty little jumps (isn't that right Sonic & BB) and a great 6m high bridge that more than a few Hubbers successfully negotiated.

I'm sure that the singletrack on the side of the freeway will be just as good when Geoff has finished the construction.

As Arnie says....... "I'll be back"

The Thug2008-11-20 13:24:29

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup I agree, the new Bike Park has something for everyone and certainly some sections cannot be underestimated !!! Sonic tried to fly over one jump without a parachute and crash landed on the second jump in spectacular fashion. Not sure exactly what happened to Big Ben but his face looked a mess. Then JayS decided to climb off over his handlebars and head butt a poor defenceless tree.

The helmet distributors are going to be doing a roaring trade tomorrow with crash replacements.

We will certainly be back and thanks Andrew and Ali for hosting us. Clap

I hope they get the last of the route markings up tomorrow, otherwise Saturday will be carnage!

I enjoyed the ride a LOT! Playing with a new toy in a new park - what more could a guy want?

Thank you Andrew and Ali was a great ride Dobbyson and i enjoyed every minute of it

trails are still very new so they can only get better

Big ben hope you are not too badly hurt

Sonic hope your ego is not too badly bruised smiley2.gif and hope the wounds heal quick

was great meeting you hog and i am very impressed with your new toy it looks better in real life

other than that sorry for not introducing myself to everyone i was like a very excited kid in a candy store i just wanted to ride ride ride hehe

P.S. i was the only crazy guy wearing white with FiT branding on my kit!!!!!

hope everyone had as much fun as i did and chat soon

bigben has been admited to mulbarton hospital for stitches on that flappy piece of skin between your lip and teeth, doc can only do it tomorrow though, i have a supper dupper thank you to send out to Ali and Andrew, whilst dad was just getting into that wonderfull bed in the hospital they phoned to check on my dad and i greatly appreciat it, Thanks a Million guys

as for the park, WWWWOOOOWWWW, if, as said by Andrew, the best single track is on the other side of the highway then dam i can't wait to get on it considering the side we were on was totaly amazing,

thanks for taking us nutters in for the day and hope to be back,

hope sonic and all others who hit the deck or as Ian said forgot thier parachutes i hope you all feeling ok and get better soon

many many thanks

Little-Ben

little ben you are quite the beast on the bike hey wish i was as lean as you hahaha

anyways please send my regards to your dad and remember to take him some proper food that hospital junk is just K@K

oh ya if you want we must organise a ride sometime would be good to ride with you seeing as you will give me a good workout!!!

feeling pretty yuk on the bike todayLOL.

dads not allowed to eat and he may be discharged tomorrow luckily, will send your regards to him for you

maybe arrange a ride through the rest of the park sometime, sad we didn't get to see it all but after today i would love to go through and see the rest
Little-Ben2008-11-20 14:26:30

cool sounds like a plan dobbyson and i went to the other side of the highway...

but it was hectic muddy and we were not too sure where the trails were so just did a loop of the ones we saw and i was impressed they were more logwood style with loads of rolling tight turns and some pretty decent single track

looks vey promising for the future i really cant wait smiley4.gif

im also pretty excited to ride it, from what i hear it sounds amazing, its also nice to just get out and have something new to ride now and then,

do you know when they going to have the full park up and ready with all trails?

i was chatting to Geoff and he says everything will be rideable by the end of january so looks like we should be able to have some fun in that area prety soon

but when we were there it also looked like they were geting ready to put up the sign boards asap so maybe even on saturday that side will be able to be ridden i really hope so!!!!

anyways chat soon gonna hit the sack now cheers dude

its pretty large, i havn't seen it all but we wern't allowes to ride one side but it has serious potential for awesom riding, cant wait to ride it all, its really great out there