How many bikes do YOU have??

GT oke

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF do you do with eleven bikes?Shocked I own less underwear than that....only need 1 pair per dayWink

LOL  I guess it is just hard to part. They remind you of all your of your rides,

Almost a handfull!

1x DIAMANT ROAD BIKE - 19voetsek, still deciding if i should re-build this old steel frame with its 8sp Campag record or convert to single speed

1x BMC SL01 ROAD BIKE - only the wife and kid is more loved than this one!!!

1x GT MTB BIKE- thanks to lowracer the MTB thingie also now got me hooked!

1x CINELLI TRACK BIKE - man this thing is ancient but works like a charm (thanks FanieFiets & Onetime)

To many according to the Wife' date=' "why do you need so many, you cant ride them all at once"

3 and counting[/quote']

Go for it jpdub. I started off with one. then got a second one, etc, etc. With my Wifey, the first two were easy. Then it started to get a bit trickier. You have to be relentless and tenacious.

Try begging. That was good for at least one bike.

Then a new sewing machine and overlocker got me another one. For this you need good negotiating skills. Read "Negotiate to Close" by Gary Karass.

Also be a good boy during the year, and that might crack you another one for Christmas. 

You must lie through your teeth as well- tell her everybody you know has more bikes than you, then walk around all day long dragging your lower lip along the ground. For this one whine and squirm at appropriate times.  

When you get a new bike let it bring out the boy in you. Most women like to see the boy in their men- keeps 'em young, and is a reward for their indulgence in your passion. Yang2008-11-30 13:47:27

4 x

One Road Alu/carbon, 1 Soft tail MTB Carbon, 1 Hard tail MTB Alu, 1 Chromoly junker on my outdoor trainer!

I would like to see all the people with 3 and more bikes to post a pic of the collection!

Pics one day.

In order of acquisition-

Trek 4500- first mtb- Deore gruppo, hardtail.

Kona Haole- Alu, 105 gruppo and first road bike. Now used as my regular training bike.

Trek 470 Fast TrackStar- chromoly frame, original RSX gruppo, now use as my indoor trainer bike. I love this bike and would be the last one that I would get rid of. You need a chromoly/steel frame bike for an IDT, because pressure on an alu or carbon frame is too much.

Giant TCR 0- carbon fork, Record gruppo, Chorus callipers. Replaced the Kona as my race bike, and I ride it only for 2 or 3 weeks beofer a race, do the race, then it goes into covers.

GT Marathon 1 double sus- XT gruppo, bought this year.

CKT 258- Wifey's Christmas present because I've been a good boy.Wink A carbon bike, specced out with the new Chorus 11 speed.

Will probably sell the Giant frame, move its Campag gruppo to the Kona, and Kona's 105 to the Trek 470.Big%20smile

- Road bike

- TT bike

- Tandem

- Carbon hardtail mtb

- Old Peugot Rapport gathering dust & rust

Saving up for a mtb tandem & also very keen to get myself a Cyclocross bike soon.

Two road bikes. one is classic steel with campagnolo gear, including phantom croc d'aune calipers, the other is carbon with that other brands inferior components.

fiasm2008-11-30 21:11:09

NONE...................  Had a Specialized ... sold it to JT24.   Had a Monoc MTB .......... sold it to Calabash.

Busy with a GT I Drive 4 with fulcrum wheels and SRAM groupset.  ALL components bought from hubbers.

Will see it for the first time, when I get home in Dec.

Look forward to riding it the 01 Jan 08 at Dinokeng

1 x ally road bike

1 x dual susser MTB

1 x hardtail MTB (got most of the bits but still to be built up)