TDW -> Litterbugs name and shame

stratus5

Organisers have asked nicely enough, but surely its a matter of self pride as well?

Liittering says a lot about a persons culture and upbringing...exactly what it says it up for personal interpretation, but mine has a lot of unprintable words in it.

So, to PPA number R745 during the Tour de Winlands, please keep your rubbish to yourself.

The tab from your gel may have been accidental, but the casual over the shoulder throw of the empty sachet was not.

Sis.

wow even over the shoulder now that just disgusting almost as if to say well who cares who rides over ti

Organisers have asked nicely enough' date=' but surely its a matter of self pride as well?

Liittering says a lot about a persons culture and upbringing...exactly what it says it up for personal interpretation, but mine has a lot of unprintable words in it.

So, to PPA number R745 during the Tour de Winlands, please keep your rubbish to yourself.

The tab from your gel may have been accidental, but the casual over the shoulder throw of the empty sachet was not.

Sis.
[/quote']

I'll pass this along to Steve Hayward.  Guys must not hesitate to complain about things like this; Steve will ALWAYS follow this up; normally by a phone call on the Monday to the offending cyclist.

Good. Spoiling our beutiful country....

was out on a training ride a few weeks back and one of the guys with us dropped a PVM wrapper while we were stopped at the entrance to Cape Point reserve waiting for the rest of the bunch...

Just asked him to pick it up, so he looks at me, long and hard like, so i ask him again, just a bit more forcefully this time. He picks it up & scrunches it up in his hand. Wait about 3 minutes, and he pockets it again.

I take this opportunity to say thankyou - he looks at me again and asks if i was watching him the whole time. I replied "of course". And we carried on riding...

SICKENS ME! We were stopped! WAs he worried the foil would react with his jersey, and the extra 0.05grams he has would make him slower? Idjit!

here's the name

Liebenberg, Daneel R745 Q-R 02:12:40 43/372M41/33738.44

A mug shot of orks like this could help folks keep out  rather ride out of direct path to the over the shoulder missle tossed.

I thought tossing of trash was long gone since we left kindergatten. 

Littering!!!! AAAARRRGGGGHHH!

Few things in life make me see red - this is one of them. Our country looks like a trash can...

I'm a neat freak and I stick my gels packets back in my pocket. The resultant sticky mess that is my shirt makes the neat freak in me want to sh*t myself...

If a borderline obsessive compulsive like me can do it then everyone else can too...

Ps: If you roll your messy shirt up carefully afterwards your bag and car will stay clean.

Oh man!  I am so excited I can almost pee in my pants!  It seems that I am not the only one that HAAAAYYYYYYTTTTTTE$&%$^%&%&%SSSSSS littering.  Thank you, thank you that there are others that care as much as I do about this scourge.  It gives me confidence to carry on with my campaign to give guys (and gals) who litter grief. 

Keep it up guys and if you see someone littering, take them to task.  Many of them will act in a petulant fashion but they are just embarassed to be caught out. 

This is not acceptable and we shouldn't just let it slide.  If you are one of the litterbugs, just remember, even if you throw something away and nobody says anything, the rest of us are thinking "What a total W(*&(*&KER you are for littering." 

This applies to stompies, gel sachets, water bottles, lids - anything that won't biodegrade in 10 days or less. 

I am so sorry that I cannot remember the number of the guy who tossed his gel packet over to his left, and missed me by millimeters....... know he was an H rider, riding in S bunch with a young female.. (maybe his daughter).... really is annoying.

I always stick the empty packet into the bottom of my shorts... really gross, but rather than in my pocket with the other goddies stashed in them.

I am so sorry that I cannot remember the number of the guy who tossed his gel packet over to his left' date=' and missed me by millimeters....... know he was an H rider, riding in S bunch with a young female.. (maybe his daughter).... really is annoying.

I always stick the empty packet into the bottom of my shorts... really gross, but rather than in my pocket with the other goddies stashed in them.
[/quote']

there's nothing like finishing your ride and emptying your pockets, only to find your cell phone covered in gel Wink

there's nothing like finishing your ride and emptying your pockets, only to find your cell phone covered in gel Wink

Rule No 1. Always put your cell phone in a plastic bag for just in case .......

So no prob with it being covered in gel smiley2.gif

Now that the step has been taken to name and shame yhese litterbugs, lets hope admin will make this a sticky topic.

Maybe we can ask myphoto or whoever does the photos at the races to send us the pics of the guilty partiesBig%20smile

Like Pedal said, the guy who chucked his empty sachets was riding with a young female. If it was his daughter then it's not a very nice thing to teach his child. He deserves his pic to be up here.