Drivers license renewal

RABUBI

I have to get mine renewed ASAP, it expired on the 28 November.

Any ideas which centre in Pta will still be open next week?

DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Not sure about Pta, but Midvaal Licensing Department is the bomb! Got there at 8h00, was out by 8h45. They said they would phone when the license arrived, they did. 10 minutes to pick it up. The extra travelling time and petrol to Meyerton is so worth it

Almal is Munisipale Departemente. Hulle sluit nie oor Bouers vakansie nie...... wel gewoonlik nie. Die een by Rayton is so bietjie ver maar daar is amper nooit enige mense nie en dit gaan vinnig. Net na die brug draai jy regs en dan tot onder in die straat en weer regs. Jy ry dan in hulle gronde in.

Did mine recently. I know it doesn't apply to you, but the one in Loveday is "temporarily closed".

I ended up going to Edenvale. Took me all of 2,5 hours although might have been faster if I'd got there earlier. The drivers licence centre is a fancy new building, but it was on a skeleton staff when I was there. Amazingly the staff where not entirely unfriendly, lazy or incompetent. There just weren't enough of them.

Tip: go with a baby in a pram. Worked wonders for the woman who jumped the 1hr queue.

Some good news. You can have it done at some of the Spec Savers branches. You make an appointment, pitch up, get it done and they phone you when your license can be collected.

Some good news. You can have it done at some of the Spec Savers branches. You make an appointment' date=' pitch up, get it done and they phone you when your license can be collected.[/quote']

When we recently did my Wife's drivers license at Rayton they had not only newfangled eye testing devices (Specsavers surely will have these) but also fingerprint scanners as well as a digital camera. Not sure wheter Specsavers will have these.

Just what happened to me.........

I lost my ID whilst in SA and a friend told me about a place that does the application for you at Brooklyn Square. I went there and filled out the application when the guy told me I must now go to Internal Affairs to have my fingerprinting done!!!!!!!!! All they offer is that I would not have to stand in the queue!!!!!!!!!! This means they bribe somebody at the department. I left in disgust and went to Internal Affairs next to the Kentucky in Wonderpark. No queues and we went through very quickly.

Don't go in January.  The wife had to go this year and it was chaos.  Half the people did not pitch after the holidays and EVERYONE wanted to get new licences.  Queues were horrendous.

Some good news. You can have it done at some of the Spec Savers branches. You make an appointment' date=' pitch up, get it done and they phone you when your license can be collected.[/quote']

the branch in 4Ways had a months waiting list.

Steer clear of Boksburg, either the computers have been stolen, there's no water or they are on srike.

Steer clear of Boksburg' date=' -[/quote']

That's it! You needn't provide a reason...

You're right so many other things to avoid such as Boksburg lake and CBDDead

Nice pubs thoughBig%20smile

mine expired in feb or march this year, and i renewed it in november.

if you dont go the specsavers route, at least get an eye test done, that will save you half an hour or more in a queue.

take 4 photos. an extra 2 wouldnt mind

they dont take debit cards. i'm not sure about credit cards, but rather take cash and remember that you will need a bit extra as you need a temporary licence.

i went to randburg, and renewed my vehicle licence and my driver's licence in about 2 hours.

supposedly at bronkhortspruit, they are quite quick.

mine expired in feb or march this year' date=' and i renewed it in november.

if you dont go the specsavers route, at least get an eye test done, that will save you half an hour or more in a queue.

take 4 photos. an extra 2 wouldnt mind

they dont take debit cards. i'm not sure about credit cards, but rather take cash and remember that you will need a bit extra as you need a temporary licence.

i went to randburg, and renewed my vehicle licence and my driver's licence in about 2 hours.

supposedly at bronkhortspruit, they are quite quick.

[/quote']

As I said in my earlier post, at Rayton they do the whole eye test, photograph and fingerprint scan on their new equipment. No messy ink on your fingers. Better take pics just in case they are offline!!!!!!