Where do Stolen Bikes Go?

longweasel

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I wish I knew what happened to stolen bikes! They probably end up stripped of paint probably trade it in for money. They also probably swap parts for different parts

Imagine if they rock up at a scrap yard and the dealer tells them it's not steel or aluminium but plastic.

Very intresting question.

Now on a slightly different topic, I have 6 bikes for sale, all brand new never been ridden, all top end.

I will give you a great price,well below retail, also I only  take cash, also we can only meet at the public park, or your house

They were a present for my err, um wife......

Wink

Er JD, you sure that you only have one wife?

You'll get no takers if the bikes "fell off a truck" cause then they be scratched at best and other damage at worst.

Hijack on... Excuse the pun if you will.

Idont think that for the general population there is any concept to the value of a bike.

i was filling my car up the other day and had my bike on the carrier. The pump attendant obviously interested in this shiny black and red thing stuck on the back of my car asks if how much my bike is worth, and if he can get one for 1500?

I was not going to tell him he would be closer by adding a zero, but it highlighted two things, how privleged those of us with decent bikes are, and how naive for lack of a better word people are to the costs of bikes.

Suppose to some its just a bike. Who the ****knows what a mavic wheel set is?

Yeah, too true. If you ever tell even upper class non cyclists what you are going to spend on your bike they look at you funny.

They dont know the difference and would be just as happy with a Game special as with a 40k Dual-sus with all the extras.

In fact, they'd probably prefer the Game bike... Less to go wrong!

To the people who buy these bikes its just a bicycle, not a race machine.Scoe2008-12-18 13:19:14

Hijack on... Excuse the pun if you will.

Idont think that for the general population there is any concept to the value of a bike.

i was filling my car up the other day and had my bike on the carrier. The pump attendant obviously interested in this shiny black and red thing stuck on the back of my car asks if how much my bike is worth' date=' and if he can get one for 1500?

I was not going to tell him he would be closer by adding a zero, but it highlighted two things, how privleged those of us with decent bikes are, and how naive for lack of a better word people are to the costs of bikes.

Suppose to some its just a bike. Who the ****knows what a mavic wheel set is?

[/quote'] ..believe this at your own peril bud!