Help please

singletrackmind

Went out today and left the maid home alone like we usually do, i had an envelope with over R4000 in it in my cupboard. Came home and was gone. What can i do as i cant prove it was her?

This is the reason im selling my bike and stuff, i needed that money for something more important. Now instead i have to sell my beloved bike to pay for it. Cry

I can go to the cops but i dont have proof she did it

HELP ME PLEASE, any advice on what to do would be good right now

How long has the maid worked for you?? If you are sure it was her, you need to get her out of your house pronto!

Tell her you are going to lay a charge with the police, it may scare her into admitting the theft. I would lay a charge anyway.

Are you insured? If so maybe you can claim from insurance, but you will need a SAPS case number anyway.

Interrogation till she cracks, Gauntanamo style.

On a serious note, interrogate, and if you need professionals to do it, they exist, but cost a fair packet,

just remeber, trust is broken, and if you are sure it was her, she will have to go one way or the other, so you may as well may it crack.

Yes its cruel, and nasty, but you must ask it a fight worth fighting, I dont know

Worked for us for around a year.

Just got off the phone with an inspector and he said the same thing, fingerprints wont prove it because the envelope is missing.

You need to give her 3 warning with proof before you can fire her. Otherwise she can sue you blind.

STM go and use reverse phsycology (sp) on her ask her if she has seen anybody take an envelope from your room because inside it was some very important money for your mom's birthday present!!!

if she starts shaking her head and doesnt make eye contact then ask her if she knows anything about it if she still doesnt answer start crying and play the innocent little school boy act till she cracks and says sorry about it then nail her!!!!

Lol Tim, it was actually for her birthday present. My parents having a meeting with her tomorrow, my dad will drill her until the truth comes out

Lol Tim' date=' it was actually for her birthday present. My parents having a meeting with her tomorrow, my dad will drill her until the truth comes out[/quote']

now that was a great guess dont you think smiley1.gif hahahaha seriously thats just not cool how she did it hey thats if she did it

Lol Tim' date=' it was actually for her birthday present. My parents having a meeting with her tomorrow, my dad will drill her until the truth comes out[/quote']

well, now you can stop worrying about selling your stuff to replace the missing money as she has it anyway. tell her to go and buy whatever it was you had the money saved for. too easy.

well, now you can stop worrying about selling your stuff to replace the missing money as she has it anyway. tell her to go and buy whatever it was you had the money saved for. too easy.

fiasm, I think singletrackmind meant it was for his Moms Birthday Present.

Check and make sure its not in another place.Make very sure its not in another place.

If she comes back to work it's very unlikely its her.

Were there other people in the house.It's normally the person you least suspect!!!

Let us know how todays' meeting with her goes anyway.

Maybe a polygraph test? There are quite a few people who can administer one of those, but not sure what the pre-requisites are for those.