oiling/greasing moving soft tail parts.

Slowbee

what do the LBS' say?

Um for greasing nipples you shpould go to a more adult store than a LBS... (by the why wtf is a LBS?)

lbs = lesbian, but sexy...

Teflon parts should not be lubed, the lube prevents the PTFE from embedding in the friction material (usually the steel/alu/Ti part)

OKAY, heres my moneys worth.. Lamp

I ride a Santacruse blur, = lots of bearings.

A creaking sound developed after the long wet winter (I love MUD) which was because the outside of the bearings and the axel shafts got dry so whenever ther was a hint of lateral flex or force It moved ever so slightly and this made the noise.

Solution for this was to take the shafts out and re- grease (not lube) them.

However there was stil a smal click every now and then, I e-mailed the helpful guys as Santacruise and they told me about the outside of the bearings. apparently they Locktite the bearing into the frame, and let me tell you its not like they werent In there tight anyway. This Is just to stop any possible movement of the bearing. After the LBS (Action Cycles in CT)

took them out (you need a bearing press) the noise was gone.

I think by adding lube between the frame and the bearing will make the bearing move even more and this might mess up the frame.

By the way, the bearings were all 100% still. Chances are that by adding lube to the bearings you are thinning down the grease inside and attracting more dirt to the outside.

I think keep the outside mudseals (If your bike have these) clean and you can grease these (use non-litium based grease, Litium eats rubber)

lbs = lesbian' date=' but sexy...

[/quote']

Oooh, Oooh, I tagged one of those onceBig%20smile

OKAY' date=' heres my moneys worth.. Lamp

I ride a Santacruse blur, = lots of bearings.

A creaking sound developed after the long wet winter (I love MUD) which was because the outside of the bearings and the axel shafts got dry so whenever ther was a hint of lateral flex or force It moved ever so slightly and this made the noise.

Solution for this was to take the shafts out and re- grease (not lube) them.

However there was stil a smal click every now and then, I e-mailed the helpful guys as Santacruise and they told me about the outside of the bearings. apparently they Locktite the bearing into the frame, and let me tell you its not like they werent In there tight anyway. This Is just to stop any possible movement of the bearing. After the LBS (Action Cycles in CT)

took them out (you need a bearing press) the noise was gone.

I think by adding lube between the frame and the bearing will make the bearing move even more and this might mess up the frame.

By the way, the bearings were all 100% still. Chances are that by adding lube to the bearings you are thinning down the grease inside and attracting more dirt to the outside.

I think keep the outside mudseals (If your bike have these) clean and you can grease these (use non-litium based grease, Litium eats rubber)

[/quote']

My Blur XC also has the tendency to creak after a few muddy rides. The creaking starts once the bike has dried (after cleaning). Taking the suspension apart, cleaning it and a tad of grease usually cures this problem. Takes a lot of time though.

Lately I just add a drop of Castrol SLX to the pivots where I know them to creak. Usually not at the bearings. More likely to be in the bushes/axels connecting the shock to the frame/rear triangle. 

If you don't do a lot of mud, clean it yearly.

If you take a mud bath often, more often. NEVER use a high pressure hose directed at the bearings. The water will enter the seals of the bearings and destroy them.

Its happened once or twice that my soft tail links start to squeek. just spray a little bit of WD40  where its noisy. Works very well.