3 day a week programme?

maddox

Has anyone ever seen a 3 day a week programme (for any distance)?  The majority of programmes available on the web/books are geared at 4-6 days a week with anything between 10-15 hours. 

If no one knows of any reputable programme it would be interesting to hear what some of your thoughts are regarding training for (say Argus) on 3 days a week..  With so few days training do you:

- have any easy days on the bike (given that you're "resting" off the bike)

- do any interval / specific training?

My current approach is to hammer it every day I'm on the bike.    I can't really "justify" an easy day since I'm not on the bike enough..  I'm doing 55k's Tue/Thurs and then an 80-90k ride over the weekend.  

Any thoughts welcome.

I have a similar problem with limited time, i train 4/5 days a week but for only an hour.  I ride hard everytime i am on the bike.  I do mainly 20min intervals, sweet spot and 6min intervals.  Fortunately i have a PT, so there is no waisting of my time.  I often finish my last interval at my front doorLOL, no time for cooling down.  I would say that you must ride hard every ride but definately to do intervals....threshold and VO2 max.

there is one for running, not for cycling though.  THe basic assumption is that if you do three days of quality you will need four days to recover.  Remember the quality is blood in your mouth intensity.

So here is the Idea (this is converted from running but the distances will have to be adjusted to personal preferences):

monday:  30 min warm up.  10 x 1km intervals (Hard) 30 min cool down

tuesday:  rest or cross train (swim, run, sex)

wednesday 30 min warm up. 5 x 5 km hill climbs (klapperkop) 30 min cool down.

THursday: rest (see tuesday)

Friday:  30 min warm up 1 x step ups.  (500m, 1km, 2km, 5km, 2km, 1km, 500m) 30 min cool down (IF you are racing on the weekend only do about 15km Long slow ride)

Saterday:  Race, or play on the MTB

Sunday:  see saterday (or go to church if you are that way inclined) or spend time with family. 

maddox.  Nothing wrong with only three days a week.  I would suggest that your reserve the weekend/saturday ride for LSD (long slow distance) rides.  Take it easy and build the endurance. 

The two rides in the week I assume would take you 1,5 to 2 hours.  Do LSD for the first part but reserve the last 45 - 50 minutes for good interval training.

there is one for running' date=' not for cycling though.  THe basic assumption is that if you do three days of quality you will need four days to recover.  Remember the quality is blood in your mouth intensity.

So here is the Idea (this is converted from running but the distances will have to be adjusted to personal preferences):

monday:  30 min warm up.  10 x 1km intervals (Hard) 30 min cool down

tuesday:  rest or cross train (swim, run, sex)

wednesday 30 min warm up. 5 x 5 km hill climbs (klapperkop) 30 min cool down.

THursday: rest (see tuesday)

Friday:  30 min warm up 1 x step ups.  (500m, 1km, 2km, 5km, 2km, 1km, 500m) 30 min cool down (IF you are racing on the weekend only do about 15km Long slow ride)

Saterday:  Race, or play on the MTB

Sunday:  see saterday (or go to church if you are that way inclined) or spend time with family. 
[/quote']

I think this program was developed by a women, Wink sex  only allowed on Tuesdays and ThursdaysShockedLOL

No, Reg it will be the only two days when you will be able to "get it up".  When the word "intensity" is used it is not used lightly.

I have one that works on time available. You decide how much pressure you want. Can e mail it.  PM me your e mail address.

O and I only have 6 hours a week.  2x 1.15 and 1x 3.30 on average. L2climb2009-01-15 07:02:26