NCR - Digital Camera Advice

philip.maree

For the photography experts out there.

I am looking to buy a better digital camera but not looking for a SLR camera. So I have been looking at the SuperZoom Digital Camera's and the following look good value for money. 

Any one using one of the following.

1. Sony Cybershot DSC H10

2. Sony Cybershot DSC H50

3. Fuji FinePix S2000HD

4. Canon PowerShot SX10 SI (bit expensive)

Any reviews/suggestions would be much appreciated

philip.maree2009-01-15 06:44:30

Not using any of those(Pentax DSLR), my sister had a Sonly Cybershot, it gave some hassles. So then it may be the Fuji! 

I think the Fuji cameras are good value for money.

I've got the Fuji finepix 5400 or 5500 (I'll have to double check that) and it takes brilliant pics (night shots aren't that great). 10X zoom. 4mega pixels

The newer versions builds on this one. I saw the 5700 which is 12X zoom and 7.1 megapixels going for R1800.00 last year.

It's bulkier than your ordinary point and shoot but smaller than an SLR (tho it looks kinda like one).

Else look at the Olympus range.

I have the FujiFilm S700 (equivilent to the S5700 I think). 7.1mp with 10x zoom and I paid R1599. Best value for money.

I had one of the older Fuji's a while that I sold to someone when I got my Pentax DSLR. But I whent back to the Fuji for my wife and kids to play with and for mik-n-druk occasions.

what happed to the Canon S5 i think' date=' that range.  They were way nicer than the sony's and for the same price ?

[/quote']

Made way for the S7

what happed to the Canon S5 i think' date=' that range.  They were way nicer than the sony's and for the same price ?

[/quote']

Made way for the S7

Model of camera is tricky - pretty much like asking which make bike is best Embarrassed

True, but it does give you an idea of what is not good!

[/quote']

Made way for the S7

Model of camera is tricky - pretty much like asking which make bike is best Embarrassed

True, but it does give you an idea of what is not good!

All the same. And don't get fooled re the pixel count. Everything over 4mp is mahala.

Look for something that uses normal AA batteries becaue you will need a lot of it. Those special batteries are expensive.

Also look what type of cards they use. Some types, like Sony Memmory Stick, are more expensive the SDs.

Mampara2009-01-15 07:29:51