Training Pains "Roadie"

Hi guys <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I am having really bad burning pains on the outer side of my upper legs when i pushing hard.

Do u guys perhaps think it is a wrong bike setup?

Or a lack of power in my legs

The burning is really bad i have to slack way off and then build it up again the it is fine again

Thanks

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might actually just be slightly overtrained, when planning your training it is important to schedule time to recover / rest as well. It is easier to recover from being undertrained than it is from being overtrained

You might actually just be slightly overtrained, when planning your training it is important to schedule time to recover / rest as well. It is easier to recover from being undertrained than it is from being overtrained

You might actually just be slightly overtrained' date=' when planning your training it is important to schedule time to recover / rest as well. It is easier to recover from being undertrained than it is from being overtrained[/quote']

advice worth repeatingWink

Depends of where the burn is. 

If it is muscles burning then it is just a matter of those muscles doing some work for a change.

If however the burn/pain is from joints/legiments like knees, lower back, neck, etc.  It will propably be caused by wrong bike setup.

Or it could be your riding whipping you with a stick smiley2.gif

You might actually just be slightly overtrained' date=' when planning your training it is important to schedule time to recover / rest as well. It is easier to recover from being undertrained than it is from being overtrained[/quote']

advice worth repeatingWink

EXZAKETARYBig%20smile

I had the same problem a while back. You need to stretch those

side muscles. I use a foam roller to stretch them. Works like a bomb.

I use a foam roller to stretch them. Works like a bomb.

Never heard of that before, please give more details of how it works.

I had the same problem a while back. You need to stretch those
side muscles. I use a foam roller to stretch them. Works like a bomb.

Sounds sore smiley2.gif

My biokeneticist friend gave me the exercise. I bought the foam roller from her. It is is about 25cm in diameter. Looks like a pool noodle but thicker and stiffer. You lie on your side with the foam roller beneath you starting at the hip. Cross your top leg over the bottom one to keep your balance and then with your arms move upwards so that the foam roller rolls down to your knee. You can do this exercise for your calves, glutes and hamstrings. It helps to stretch them. Takes you five minutes to do. Should I post picts later tonight?

Overtrained is the most overused and abused term in endurance sport training.  I would take any advice dished out here with a pinch of salt and then go and see a REAL physiology expert about the pain!!!

Unless the Hubber dishing out the advice is a professional medical expert of course...

Why would he have ''really bad burning pains'' from overtraining?

Dunno... I had really bad burning pains when I peed the once, and that had nothing to do with training...

My biokeneticist friend gave me the exercise. I bought the foam roller from her. It is is about 25cm in diameter. Looks like a pool noodle but thicker and stiffer. You lie on your side with the foam roller beneath you starting at the hip. Cross your top leg over the bottom one to keep your balance and then with your arms move upwards so that the foam roller rolls down to your knee. You can do this exercise for your calves' date=' glutes and hamstrings. It helps to stretch them. Takes you five minutes to do. Should I post picts later tonight?[/quote']

Pics would be good thanks, I might be wrong but when massaging I thought you were always supposed to massage towards the heart i.e. up the leg. I wonder if it would be better to use the roller also in an upwards direction?

Why would he have ''really bad burning pains'' from overtraining?

I had the same problem a few years ,in so much as when I was pushing up the hill the outside of the legs would burn like hell, it was due to overtraining in that the base that i was working from was not big enough and I never gave myself enough time to recover after a few hard weeks, now sitting on the cough I have had no burns and the base is much bigger Big%20smile