SRAM combo

Velouria

TitusTi' date=' Marius,

Thanks.  Now I understand.  I tend to take hold of the bigger area (ring) of the grip shifters and shift that.  So I do not experience your kind of problems. 

Regards,

casspir
[/quote']

I wasn't talking about Mariuss area, I was talking about the big ring, everything you do for 2 hours gets exponentially worse over 24 hours, your hands get blisters on them just from holding onto the bar (on technical courses that is) and you don't need another bit of you hand to get blisters as well.

I've done the L2L this weekend and no problem with the X.0 gripshifters. Works like 'n dream. What I like the most is the clicks in-between the shifts. You can adjust the derailleur to the perfect position.

I've got the X.9 triggers on my fully and the also work with no problems.

I would go for the X.0 jockey and the X.9 triggers if I was you. Why am I saying that after my rant a rave over the gripshifters, because it's more likely that you'll like the triggers.

Velouria, who you gonna believe, me your friend / compitition / friend of 24hr world champ Ti or Caspir de Vries???LOLWink Just kidding, I only went with the Gripshifters cuz some1 told me they don't break as easy as the triggers and becuace they weigh less. Marius2007-02-06 07:19:43

Have to say it takes alot to break them, I mean I put in a concerted effort and it hurt like hell. As to the weight, I prefer effective over light.

a couple of us are going for a ride at Majik forest tonight if any1 wants to join, we start at the bottom at about 5:45

at the risk of totally hijacking this baby, but anyone riding in town (deer park) again this week (am or pm)? Ti?

also, any regular rides in Majik forest I can join (I work in plattekloof)?

thanks

yah, The Warthogs use to ride MF on a regular basis but I've unsubscribed cuz thy talk to my *** and so I'm out of the loop so to speak..but we have been going there every Tuesday now as a warm-up ride to killarney on Wednesday.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Seems like the new X-9 trigger shifters and derailleur are a popular choice. I might chuck in the X-0 derailleur, or save the money and spend it on another component upgrade... (like a front derailleur, or Stans rims)

The surface on my handle bar grips was starting to hurt my hands after the last 24hr - so I can understand the complaint about the gripshifts hurting... (Sorry Caspir - going to go with Marius and Titus...)