when you have power

dagwood

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yip those would be them.....rockerfellers was the "cooler" spot to be and then you would cross over the road to bar pita' date=' anything went there.
[/quote']

went to rockerfellers a coupla years back after a comic-scavenging trip. they only sold quarts, i had to pay a deposit for the contuff glass they gave me to drink from and the cobra polish tin ashtray was bolted to the table. bar pita was very cool.

I hope that you did not have to use the train this timeLOLLOL but the last time i drove past rocky street, was on the way to a test match at ellis park and it looked seriously dodgy.  Hope the beer was cold?

Anyone got any pics they can post of themselves back in the heyday? You HAVE to shake your head at yourself sometimes.

sometimes it is better not to look - makes it easier to forget...

...spending almost everynight at The Cave...

just thinking of that place makes me want to throw up! Dead

(the good old days of endless holiday on someone else's account!)

yip those would be them.....rockerfellers was the "cooler" spot to be and then you would cross over the road to bar pita' date=' anything went there.
[/quote']

went to rockerfellers a coupla years back after a comic-scavenging trip. they only sold quarts, i had to pay a deposit for the contuff glass they gave me to drink from and the cobra polish tin ashtray was bolted to the table. bar pita was very cool.

I hope that you did not have to use the train this timeLOLLOL but the last time i drove past rocky street, was on the way to a test match at ellis park and it looked seriously dodgy.  Hope the beer was cold?

LOLwas in a car. had taken an old school mate out to the world of beer. he wanted to pop in there for old time's sake.

I remember mistakenly going into a bar reserved usually for people who have different tastes in companionship to mine.

As my eyes started to adjust to the dim light and smoke inside we decided to make a tactical retreat. That has to be one of the few times I left a full beer on the table.

just thinking of that place makes me want to throw up! Dead

(the good old days of endless holiday on someone else's account!)

So it was your puke that always jammed the toiletLOLLOL

Thinking back, those Plett holidays were the best.  Keurbooms caravan park was a students heaven...it was a 24 hour party zone....today it resembles something of a retirement village.  I use to head down to Plett to catch the Stellenbosch and UCT  students for their Plett vacation....then the Camps Bay high, Saint Andrews crowd hit town a month later and then it was round 2LOLLOL  I

I remember mistakenly going into a bar reserved usually for people who have different tastes in companionship to mine.

As my eyes started to adjust to the dim light and smoke inside we decided to make a tactical retreat. That has to be one of the few times I left a full beer on the table.

you telling the full story here?WinkLOL

Me too' date=' I also frequented Top Club and Q's.. all those clubs were so close together we'd just walk from one to the next until we found the most happening party.

I never shagged anyone on a train though

but I often hitched rides home Embarrassed 

[/quote']

so what did you hitch up on the way home?Wink

ShockedShockedShocked what kind of a girl do you take me for? ShockedShockedShocked

Talking of which, what was that club a few blocks from the Carlton centre going east... used to be a gay club on some nights and on weekends normal? For some reason the female to male ratio was usually more girls than boys.

The station was a long walk from there if you missed your ride...

Talking of which' date=' what was that club a few blocks from the Carlton centre going east... used to be a gay club on some nights and on weekends normal? For some reason the female to male ratio was usually more girls than boys.

[/quote']

I recall that particular club but not the name....holy seems to have the answers so far.  Only gay club i used to go to was Kryptons (spelling) in Rose Bank, was quite a trendy spot and the ladies were hot (they thought they were safe there)LOL  There was a cool pub across the road.....Holy?  i am sure it was something with "story" in it?

Me too' date=' I also frequented Top Club and Q's.. all those clubs were so close together we'd just walk from one to the next until we found the most happening party.

I never shagged anyone on a train though

but I often hitched rides home Embarrassed 

[/quote']

so what did you hitch up on the way home?Wink

ShockedShockedShocked what kind of a girl do you take me for? ShockedShockedShocked

haven't taken you?at least not that i can rememberPinch

It was something they put in the airconditioning that caused the "i dont recall your the name" part....

Talking of which' date=' what was that club a few blocks from the Carlton centre going east... used to be a gay club on some nights and on weekends normal? For some reason the female to male ratio was usually more girls than boys.

[/quote']

I recall that particular club but not the name....holy seems to have the answers so far.  Only gay club i used to go to was Kryptons (spelling) in Rose Bank, was quite a trendy spot and the ladies were hot (they thought they were safe there)LOL  There was a cool pub across the road.....Holy?  i am sure it was something with "story" in it?

ah, man, it's on the tip of my tongue.

swissvan, wasn't the gay club you refer to called mrs henderson's? i remember being in std 8 and seeing our class prefect - a real idiot - coming out of there!