BMC's WC ROADRIDE

BMCfan

We must think about the safest place to get onto the N2, as there are roadworks and we don't want to ride the freeway section. Although the roads through Sir Lowry's Pass Village are narrow, it may be safer to string the groups out single file and go that way. It's not a long stretch, and in my opinion, safer than the alternative. Maybe going through the Strand is an option too.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Waterstone it will be.

We can chat about the route out of SW closer to the time. Fandacious took us past H/Cycles and blablabla and we came out at one of the traffic lights going past all the vehicle dealers. It was quite safe the last time.

that said we were about 10-15 and not 200!

Cool, we take Fand's route then, and let him through the traffic lights first to check that it's all clear!Wink

Cool' date=' we take Fand's route then, and let him through the traffic lights first to check that it's all clear!Wink[/quote']

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

I vote KV for the funniest hubber EVER !!!!

thanks for making my day $

Cool' date=' we take Fand's route then, and let him through the traffic lights first to check that it's all clear!Wink[/quote']

just make sure there are traffic officers to sit there and do nothing LOL

I vote KV for the funniest hubber EVER !!!!

thanks for making my day $

Those are big shoes to fill!Big%20smile

racman where you stay ??

also prefert waterstone' date=' as its a good place to park the cars for people comming from far.
[/quote']

I stay two roads above Lord Charles - Oleander Street Smile .... As well as near Morningside Clinic, Sandton during the week !!!Dead

BMC I have possible a +5 or 6 to join the fast group! Will be my team, but will confirm numbers closer to time! Clap

We must think about the safest place to get onto the N2' date=' as there are roadworks and we don't want to ride the freeway section. Although the roads through Sir Lowry's Pass Village are narrow, it may be safer to string the groups out single file and go that way. It's not a long stretch, and in my opinion, safer than the alternative. Maybe going through the Strand is an option too.[/quote']

Yes the Provincial Dept of Transport is busy with the widening of the section of the N2 from the De Beers Intechange (bridge) to the foot of Sir Lowry's pass (Gordon's Bay turnoff), so if you could avoid that stretch it will be good. Going through Sir Lowry's pass village or along the Gordon's Bay rd might be better options.

No Man PEOPLE !!

all you fast cyclists.

new rule - for every person in the fast group, you have to bring a person to join the slow group !

mmmmmmmm

what about a challenge... how brave Evil%20Smile are the riders in the fast group ???Dead

Do you think you could do two laps and catch the slow group ????

How brave are you fast riding folk ?? LOL

We must think about the safest place to get onto the N2' date=' as there are roadworks and we don't want to ride the freeway section. Although the roads through Sir Lowry's Pass Village are narrow, it may be safer to string the groups out single file and go that way. It's not a long stretch, and in my opinion, safer than the alternative. Maybe going through the Strand is an option too.[/quote']

Yes the Provincial Dept of Transport is busy with the widening of the section of the N2 from the De Beers Intechange (bridge) to the foot of Sir Lowry's pass (Gordon's Bay turnoff), so if you us could avoid that stretch it will be good. Going through Sir Lowry's pass village or along the Gordon's Bay rd might be better options.

What you mean forcolourchappieShocked. You not going to join usCry

thanks for the heads up in anycase. i think the somerset residents should make the call if we go village or g-bay way!

Nix & AF

Thumbs%20Up to you. the more the merrier. i will add names only when confirm to join so that i can keep track of who we need to wait for on the day!

but it would be cool if you all can attend!!

BMC, having given it some thought, I think Gordon's Bay is a better option with wider, smoother roads. When I ride through SLP Village it's normally on my MTB so the narrow road is no problem because when I hear traffic behind me I hop off onto the gravel. Also, SLP Village has no traffic lights for Fand so he may find it a bit tame.

Slowbee, stop being a girl!Wink