silverback pump

Zula

hey guys,

so i got this pumpo when i started riding a few months ago. ive been using the normal tubes with the valve like a car tyre. im thinking of getting slime which needs the removable valve. i just wanna know if this pump will work on the new valve??

i opened up the cap and there was this red rubber thing which had a smaller hole on the reverse, and a bigger hole and the side that im currently using so i think it will work

any ideas??

Noche if you are running with normal car valves the core is removable without changing tubes so your slime conversion will be relatively easy and you can do it at home within a matter of minutes

Questions: is the bike shop trying to sell you new tubes with slime in them already??

why did they say you will need to change valves??turtlek2009-02-05 14:57:13

they never said i need to get the other valve, they said thats the type of pre slimed tubes they have.

how do i remove the inside of the valve??

Buy a bottle of slime and follow the instructions on the back. The cap doubles as a tool to get the valve core out.

I take it you ride a silverback? That silverback pumpo is not compatible with other bikes.

they never said i need to get the other valve' date=' they said thats the type of pre slimed tubes they have.

how do i remove the inside of the valve??[/quote']

if they are pre-filled then it does dot matter if the core removable, the slime is already inside.

Yes most modern day pumps have the internals designed to be rotated around and cater for Presta or Schrader valves.

To DIY slime a standard Presta valved tube is more difficult because most of the slime bottles do not have a small enough nozzle to get in there. Even those that do sometimes make it difficult to squeeze the slime out the bottle.

Thus it is easier to DIY slime a Schrader valve tube. Shrader (the ones you have now) have removable valves, just may require a specific tool to get them out, however you can make a plan with tools you may have at your disposal.

I use Presta, but I generally buy pre-slimed versions (so far my favourite is the Specialized version). I have recently bought std. Conti's and used the small Joe's bottle to fill them. In future I think I will stick with the pre-slimed ones from Specialized.

But as for the pump yes it should work with either valve, just flick the internals around.

Long nose pliers and patience, with car and you a for away,

if you lack any of the above, buy preslimed tyres, in shrader (sp) valve, about 60 bucks a tube.

Less mission.