Apparently we deserve to be knocked over

Daniel XTR

There is a thread on the new "CTBB" forum suggesting having a "Lets Kill a Cyclist Day", the url is http://www.no10.nl/ctbb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28

Maybe those offended by this thread may want to lodge a complaint with the following:

t.spoelstra@gmail.com - The owner of the domain

r.j.n.clements@kpn.com - the owners of the network block where the domain is hosted.

Not to sure how well the above will turn out, however there internet naming service everydns.com specifically bars there user from "(2) not to use the Service for illegal purposes;" so probably the best bet is a flood of mails to support@everybox.com, complaining that there customer is hosting content that may / may not incite others to commit murder / homicide. 

If anyone of the above react and suspend their portion of the service, the site goes down.

markStockton2009-02-17 05:09:51

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark. Can I suggest that you head on over there before going the route you suggest.

I am not thrilled with the title of their threads, but have a look at some of the content.

Some Ijit (LycraLoon) has been busy there.

S2L, I did notice that, I'm also aware of the large doses of sarcasm and dark humor contained within this thread. However my concern is some brandy and coke drinking chop is going to be inspired into "scarring" some cyclists after the next braai he attends. At the time he won't be very sober and will probably stuff it up and hit the cyclist. Thanks to the wonderful inspiration he got on CTBB.

I really don't have an issue with dialog, but the title (as well as a fair number of posts on the thread) must go.

I really don't have an issue with dialog' date=' but the title (as well as a fair number of posts on the thread) must go.

[/quote']

So you mean it's pretty much exactly the same as the thread they had yesterday?

At TNT. Nope, started out that way, but it looks like some of them are seeing some light.

At Mark. Out of a population of some 40 odd millions, only a handful of people are on that thread. No more than yesterday.

I agree that one additional person getting some cray idea of "scaring us" is not good. We also have to respect that they do have rights to freedom of speech. I agree that there is a lot of hate stuff going down, but it seems to be moderating a lot.

We also need to clean up our own act and I for one, am embarrassed at the way I reacted yesterday. Tounge in cheek and sarcasm aside. It gets lost in the keyboard somewhere.

Steve Haywood the chairman of Pedalpower has the CT Mayoress' ear. Helen Zille also happens to be the leader of the opposition, that is, she is a very influntial person. She also happens to be pro-cycling (reportedly).

The PP has millions in cyclists money sitting in a bank account that they don't know what to do with

There is a serious issue that requires attention. Education campaign, media campaign for tolerance etc. etc.

Join the dots!!!!

Not saying that I am averse to getting involved but why should I spend time that I don't really have, pursuing a cause when there is an organisation who is apparently mandated (and has the resources) to look after cyclists interests. Lecturing cyclists constantly is not enough.

Making statements to the media imploring cyclists to stay in the yellow line and ride single file is a useless effort when all the deaths are occuring while the victims have been following those guideline explicitly.

It is time to spend our money where it is needed - in the pursuit of a safer environment for cyclists.

Windbreaker2009-02-17 10:39:51

I think I was really lucky! Maybe phoetic jutics.

I probably would have been hit today by a motorist! I was riding up Constantia nek from valley road and just before the 1st corner by Phantom corners the car behind me slowed to overtake - I was to the left and riding alone but the road is quite narrow. The car behind that -I think a Merc ML 500 also slow and the car behind that went straight into the Merc! So if a motorist is so distracted for what ever reason to drive striaght into the back a large Merc ML 500 what chance would I have had if the 1st car had not slowed? Conclusion we will never be able change stupid motorist

I honestly think (and it pains me to say this because nothing beats 'flying' on the road) after reading articles like this' date=' there is no way cyclists can come out of this argument winners. It's time to get off the roads.

[/quote']

... and get a mountainbike ...  flying is still fun ... even MORE fun than on tar Big%20smile

I like the idea of the black armbands - if enough people subscribe to it, and the word is put out there...

think of the TV coverage, and the guys being interviewed on Supersport, followed by the (probably small - but anyway) article in the paper the next day...

Unfortunately, though, you're always going to have idjits on the road. Cyclist or non-cyclist. Saw 4 seperate ppl disobeying the rules this afternoon on my 50km circuit between Wynberg & Fish Hoek... Jumping stop-streets & red lights without a care in the world. Not to mention the lack of helmets on a further 5! The APATHY!

I honestly think (and it pains me to say this because nothing beats 'flying' on the road) after reading articles like this' date=' there is no way cyclists can come out of this argument winners. It's time to get off the roads.

[/quote']

... and get a mountainbike ...  flying is still fun ... even MORE fun than on tar Big%20smile

OH YES!!! That feeling you get on the ST when you're afraid you're going too fast for the corner, or are going to hit that huge friggin root in the middle of the ST and come pip = and then you make it stick and carry on off the drop-off and it's the biggest one you've done yet... pure exhilaration!

It is time to spend our money where it is needed - in the pursuit of a safer environment for cyclists.

then winter comes, less people cycle and everyone forgets.

it sickens me to think that people are dead and you lot nitpick about who is right and who is wrong. ride single file. dont swear at me. etc etc.

how can we care so little about our fellow man that we are willing to play games with their lives by trying to pass them as closely as we can.

i am actually feeling sick on my stomach.

on the other hand, i agree. this is not going to be solved by wearing black armbands, protest rides etc.  this issue needs major attention in the form of media, politicians, new laws, education program, etc. a whole mindshift is needed. and i'm sorry to say, cyclists are also to blame.

dedicated cycle lanes!

off the road, not in the yellow lane or even next to the yellow lane where taxis can get to you, but on the sidewalk,  far from the tar.

maybe there already is a database somewhere with cyclable pieces of dirt ... and how to link them safely? anyone know a link to it?

put the cyclists in a good mood for the bits where they do have track and playground, and they won't be in a bad mood when they need to share the road with cars ... it WILL help

i havent seen an aggro cyclist in the spruit yet, when thry trying to cross the tar-bits inbetween ... because there's enough endorphins to keep them smilin' on the bits between the tar. ain't?

maybe there already is a database somewhere with cyclable pieces of dirt ... and how to link them safely? anyone know a link to it?

Google Earth boetie.........