Top Posters In This Topic

OK Saffa G, the list is as follows:

MichH

Dirt Rider and wife and son

Miss V and friend

Cat-i maybe

The Thug maybe

Saffa G and friends

Last call for Sunday 7am at Northern Farm. I wanna start riding at 7am so if we can be there a few minutes early?

Anyone need my cell no, PM me

Hey mich i might come as well will let you know by tonight.and if i do come with no laughing is allowed:) managed to get the pedals on ALL by myself last night ...too bad i broke my silly pump and couldn't fix my flat tire...

Great ride today, was absolutely perfect, except for the heat...otherwise it was a great ride....

Arrived bright and early as was requested by Michelle, 7am...argghhh, but nevertheless I was in a chirpy happy mood and was greeted by the familiar Dirt Rider as I entered the parking area of the Northern Farms....good to see old acquaintances after such a long time.

Michelle was horribly Wink late and only arrived 30 minutes after we all arrived, but the good thing was that no one had to wait for me to get ready like they normally do....."didn't I feel good"

Riders that were there:

Morgan

Cannondale dude!?  Name again - i forgot :(

KenMamba

MichH

Dirt Rider

The Thug

Shaun

Angela

SaffaG

The farm wasn't so busy today, nice to see all the families riding out there with kiddies right up to old grannies.....who incidentally were not impressed with Dirt Rider....something he said?  Not sure, but all I can tell you is that this old granny shouted back at him "it's because of my age".....nevertheless it was on on and off into the distance, we covered some nice ground and I enjoyed the single track immensely.  Most of the ride was pretty much stop and go, but still was quite fun playing catch up on the hills....Big%20smile

We had some bike mechanics "bush style" when MicH realized that she couldn't "uncleat" due tot he fact that she had a screw loose....hehehehe, no pun intended...she was missing a cleat screw....I managed to get her smelly shoe off her pedal after she undid her laces and then we managed to loosen the shoe and the pedal from the cleat!  Lucky for me I had a spare screw for her....and we were off in no time.....only to stop 100m down the drag due to me having some broken spokes....dammit!!  None of thos stops dampened the spirits of the rest of the riders, Dirt Rider, Shaun and The Thug from bunny hopping the telephone pole/log int he path...nice boys.....

The ride ended off pretty much after about 2 hours and we decided to head to "the drop" and then on towards the single track......some were keen to ride the drop, but for some it just wasn't their day and they opted out.....just after I made the drop we headed into the fast single track heading back towards the car park....I guess I was over enthusiastic and heading off after The Thug and Dirt Rider....somehow I ended up jumping a small root, landing and then not being on the correct path.....**BASHHH** that was me did a nice "endo" hehehehe landed head first in the ground and then stumbled around before putting both shoes in the water StarStarStarStarStar

Thanks for the great ride and hope we all make it back again soon soon and maybe make it a longer loop LOL or 2.......have fun and have a great week.....Saffa

That was quite a spectacular fall and you are very lucky to walk away without even a scratch . Mampara also knows that little peace of land as he also has claim to it . I can see MicH riding that drop very soon as she came very close to the edge on Sunday .

It was supposed to be an easy Sunday morning recovery ride after my exertions on Saturday, but that Canadian Wannabe on that lefty certainly made these legs work on those uphills. Big%20smile

Thanks for the ride all, glad to hear you're OK SaffaG !

hi guys

we were also late and then sorta started of on our own, thinking you'd already left... beautiful palce, really enjoyed it! did i see you guys?! we were two, the guy riding with me was wearing old microsoft club 100 kit. thanx again for inviting us, really sorry not to have met you!!! was really looking forward to it. Smile

Mmmmmm After michH arrived I went of looking for you !! That is where the incident with the old lady started !! Asked her if she was looking for me and really wanted me ! Anyway after talking to every woman I could find it the parking lot , I thought that you decided rather to have your beauty sleep and did not pitch .

now the truth comes out.....Dirt Rider was harassing all the ladies in the car park.....sheesh, no wonder we got such bad looks when he joined us again Wink

You Missed out Miss V....was really fun, but there is always next time and of course "The Drop"

Yeah Thug, the canadian dude was like a ferrari up the hills....hehehe you were giving it stick too.....

sorry... no actually got up bright and early!!! dirt rider, i am 21 years old... no old lady. damn, now i am really dissapointed!!!! so when can we go riding again? Embarrassed

Listen sunshine if you give me your vital statistics I may actaully find you next time ! smiley36.gif We will be riding at Phambili next Sunday . It will be a six hour ride .

6 hour ride.....argghhh my gosh you dudes are seriously ill....argghhh....I'll get there, don't worry.....heheheTongue