"Old" route vs Boyes drive

Jaco Steyn

I would say add 5min-10min if no wind and if the SE is pumping add alot more.

You planning on walking the Boyes drive section?? I don't think it will slow us down that much. The bunch usually slows down on Main Road after the Blue Route dash. It might catch some riders out, but I don't think it will cause the bunch to split (not our bunch anyway).

• 2 weeks later...

Eish, this was to be my first sub 3 year, but Boyes drive looks like a spanner in the weels. Some sort of improvement in overall position now seems a like a better goal.  Thanks for all the info, profiles etc!

What will be a good time to look at then - lets say the wind plays its role - as I'm sure it will and with the new boyes part etc?

Group F - due to not doing the Q race the burger / work stuff. What will the bunches look at?

A - whatever-compared to last years times? Were not in front (of the race) so we race against the clock and not to split the bunch or do a breakaway or climb like pantani.

Just hope the bunches pull their fingers out ...... and ride hard all the way

I just hope my tandem partner does some of the work or I am chucking them off a cliff!! LOL I am hoping to klap 40 to 45mins off last year's time.

Altough we might have the wind from the front in the first part, we will have it at our backs going over Chappies (south easter)  Or am I wrong?Confused

All I am doing on Boyes drive is staying left and being EXTRA careful, some very unforgiving bumps on the right hand side, never mind sub this and sub that, I just want to finish with a smile on the dialBig%20smile(OK, maybe go for a 3.30Cool)

Argus + wind = a pain in the a$$. No way around it. The help you get from tailwinds past cape point nowhere near makes up for the bullets you'll sweat fighting it on blue route, kommetjie, down chappies and down the back of suikerbossie.

If it is windy, BE CAREFUL on the descents. Nearly got blown off a few times yesterday morning...

I was also Looking at a Rooky sub 3, But thinking of survival now..

The thing is the outgoing side is very exposed and the SE klapps you in the gut, then comming back It filters down the cliffs into more of a side wind than a actual wind from the back...I know, It sounds crappy.

Mabe I should ride my mountainbike for those bumps down boyes drve.LOL